Fritzbox question re dynamic IP

Old March 9th 07, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

Default Fritzbox question re dynamic IP

I cannot find an reference to this in the PDF for the Fritzbox Fon
7140. I guess all Fritzbox Fons will be similar.
On my current Netgear router there is provision to run dyndns - i.e. a
method of sending the current dynamic IP to dyndns.com so that it can
statically relate to a URL.
I see that some routers support this but some, such as a Buffalo I
checked out, do not.
Does the Fritzbox support this ??
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old March 10th 07, 12:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀°dincÁs▓░░░

Recently, Brian A popped out over the fence
around uk.telecom.voip and said...
|I cannot find an reference to this in the PDF for the Fritzbox Fon
|7140. I guess all Fritzbox Fons will be similar.
|On my current Netgear router there is provision to run dyndns - i.e. a
|method of sending the current dynamic IP to dyndns.com so that it can
|statically relate to a URL.
|I see that some routers support this but some, such as a Buffalo I
|checked out, do not.
|Does the Fritzbox support this ??
|Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Yes, all they do. Actually, mine is with no-ip.com and works like a
charm since September 2006.
HTH
--
▀°dincÁs▓░░░ - The Y2K Druid
----------------------------
Old March 10th 07, 01:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Brian A" wrote in message

I cannot find an reference to this in the PDF for the
Fritzbox Fon 7140. I guess all Fritzbox Fons will be
similar.
On my current Netgear router there is provision to run
dyndns - i.e. a method of sending the current dynamic IP
to dyndns.com so that it can statically relate to a URL.
I see that some routers support this but some, such as a
Buffalo I checked out, do not.
Does the Fritzbox support this ??

Yes, there is an option to set a dyndns or similar account. I use one
myself.

Ivor

Old March 10th 07, 07:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Brian A" wrote in message
I cannot find an reference to this in the PDF for the Fritzbox Fon
7140. I guess all Fritzbox Fons will be similar.
On my current Netgear router there is provision to run dyndns - i.e. a
method of sending the current dynamic IP to dyndns.com so that it can
statically relate to a URL.
I see that some routers support this but some, such as a Buffalo I
checked out, do not.
Does the Fritzbox support this ??
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

7050 works OK for me with dyndns.

Old March 10th 07, 10:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 07:54:21 GMT, "Herman"
wrote:

"Brian A" wrote in message
.. .
I cannot find an reference to this in the PDF for the Fritzbox Fon
7140. I guess all Fritzbox Fons will be similar.
On my current Netgear router there is provision to run dyndns - i.e. a
method of sending the current dynamic IP to dyndns.com so that it can
statically relate to a URL.
I see that some routers support this but some, such as a Buffalo I
checked out, do not.
Does the Fritzbox support this ??
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

7050 works OK for me with dyndns.

Thanks gentlemen. It is strange that they miss important things out
of the PDF manuals and their marketing.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.