voip.co.uk question

Old March 10th 07, 10:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
themgt

Default voip.co.uk question

Does anybody ever answer the voip.co.uk customer services number or do
you always have to leave a number on the answering machine for them to
call you back ?
Also, does anyone know if they'll port a BT number and what they charge
for this ?
Old March 10th 07, 11:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy Lord

On Mar 10, 10:51 am, TheMgt wrote:
Does anybody ever answer the voip.co.uk customer services number or do
you always have to leave a number on the answering machine for them to
call you back ?
Also, does anyone know if they'll port a BT number and what they charge
for this ?

They will port in BT numbers for 5 per port. I've never phoned them
but emails are answered reasonably promptly.

--

Andy

Old March 10th 07, 02:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

J Clavox wrote:
On 10 Mar 2007 03:04:37 -0800, "Andy Lord"
wrote:
They will port in BT numbers for 5 per port. I've never phoned them
but emails are answered reasonably promptly.

Why the charge for BT numbers yet my two Vonage numbers where ported
for free ? .

Perhaps the two completely different things have different costs to
voip.co.uk?
Old March 10th 07, 02:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

wrote:

They will port in BT numbers for 5 per port. I've never phoned them
but emails are answered reasonably promptly.

Why the charge for BT numbers yet my two Vonage numbers where ported
for free ? .

Perhaps Vonage can afford to offer you a free port because you pay over
the odds for your monthly line rental? voip.co.uk dont charge line
rental, or you can subscribe to their 1.99 uk package, so their incoming
on line rental isnt great, the opposit to vonage.
Old March 10th 07, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linker3000

J Clavox wrote:
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:51:14 GMT, TheMgt
wrote:

Does anybody ever answer the voip.co.uk customer services number or do
you always have to leave a number on the answering machine for them to
call you back ?

I have spoke with them more times than I haven't if you do leave a
number they WILL call back but if you leave it an hour or two and try
again most times Chris will answer.

That pretty Much sums it up - and Chris generally replies to emails
promptly and with good advice/feedback.
Old March 10th 07, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

wrote:
They will port in BT numbers for 5 per port. I've never phoned them
but emails are answered reasonably promptly.

Why the charge for BT numbers yet my two Vonage numbers where ported
for free ? .

Perhaps the two completely different things have different costs to
voip.co.uk?

They can do all the work for porting Vonage themselves, so it should be very
quick and easy(one carrier involved). I wasn't charged either. BT porting
is necessarily a bit more involved and time-consuming because of the
multiple carriers.

Old March 11th 07, 12:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

wrote:

They will port in BT numbers for 5 per port. I've never phoned them
but emails are answered reasonably promptly.

Why the charge for BT numbers yet my two Vonage numbers where ported
for free ?

Perhaps voip.co.uk and Vonage use the same wholesaler to provide their
services, and technically there is no "port" at all?

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
00:25:37 up 16 days, 4:38, 2 users, load average: 0.25, 0.22, 0.20

Old March 12th 07, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

wrote:

Does anybody ever answer the voip.co.uk customer services number or do
you always have to leave a number on the answering machine for them to
call you back ?

It appears to me that most of the voip.co.uk customer-facing tech
support team is called Chris. In my experience, he is very
knowledgable, helpful and willing to take the time to help. However
this probably does mean that he sometimes can't get to answer the next
call.

I've always had responses to support tickets, and whenever I've phoned
to folow up on them he has answered the call, but I expect he doesn't
work 24 hours a day.
Old March 13th 07, 08:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

news
wrote:

Does anybody ever answer the voip.co.uk customer services number or do
you always have to leave a number on the answering machine for them to
call you back ?

It appears to me that most of the voip.co.uk customer-facing tech
support team is called Chris. In my experience, he is very
knowledgable, helpful and willing to take the time to help. However
this probably does mean that he sometimes can't get to answer the next
call.

I've always had responses to support tickets, and whenever I've phoned
to folow up on them he has answered the call, but I expect he doesn't
work 24 hours a day.

Adam also keeps an eye out for urgent tickets. I posted an issue around
10pm on a Saturday night and although it wasn't solved straight away, it was
at least acknowledged.

They can have problems responding to non-urgent tickets ( I have one
outstanding from December), although they don't get a significant amount of
business from me so that could be why. They also do not always close
tickets off cleanly which is an annoyance when you look at your list of
issues.

For the price, I am generally happy with them, and the service does seem to
have less downtime than other similarly-priced outfits.