Final Two Questions About My SPA3102!

Old March 10th 07, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

Default Final Two Questions About My SPA3102!

Thank you very much for everyone that has helped me get this up and running!
(See Dialling Plans For A SPA3102 and SPA3102 Totally Stuck!)

I got it to register with VoipDiscount by making one of the DNS addresses
that of my router ie 192.168.1.1 and the other that of my ISP - no port
forwarding or DMZ needed. With that one simple alteration it works a treat!

Dialling plans were quite easy once explained!

Two final (I hope!) questions.

I have an account with VoipTalk that I was using for incoming calls. Where
do I add the details on my SPA3102 as it only seems to have room for one SIP
provider.

Also my wife forgets to add the exchange number when dialling local calls.
What is the rule so that if only a local number is dialled ie a six digit
number my exchange number is automatically put in front of it. ie if she
dials 456789 it will add 0123 to the front and send the call via the VOIP
line.

Many thanks

Old March 10th 07, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
[...]

You need to rethink - slightly.

VoipDiscount will (should) work as a gateway without registration. I
certainly use one of the Betamax clones this way - put your user details
in gateway 1. Your dialplan will then need to be adjusted to send voip
calls over @gw1.

Then you can put your voiptalk credentials in line 1.
Old March 10th 07, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Port Admiral Haynes wrote:

Also my wife forgets to add the exchange number when dialling local calls.
What is the rule so that if only a local number is dialled ie a six digit
number my exchange number is automatically put in front of it. ie if she
dials 456789 it will add 0123 to the front and send the call via the VOIP
line.

BrianA explained in one of your other threads:

Hence, for UK:
1. For local calls
:00441274[2-9]xxxxx:@gw3
where 1274 is the code for Bradford (change to your local area -
routed via gw3 in this case.)

Clearly, substitute @gw3 for @gw1 if you set up your outbound provider
on gateway 1.

Make sure the quantity of "x"'s equates to the length of your local numbers.

When you've done, post your entire dialplan for review.
Old March 10th 07, 12:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Jono" wrote in message
Port Admiral Haynes wrote:

Also my wife forgets to add the exchange number when dialling local
calls. What is the rule so that if only a local number is dialled ie a
six digit number my exchange number is automatically put in front of it.
ie if she dials 456789 it will add 0123 to the front and send the call
via the VOIP line.

BrianA explained in one of your other threads:

Hence, for UK:
1. For local calls
:00441274[2-9]xxxxx:@gw3
where 1274 is the code for Bradford (change to your local area -
routed via gw3 in this case.)

Clearly, substitute @gw3 for @gw1 if you set up your outbound provider on
gateway 1.

Make sure the quantity of "x"'s equates to the length of your local
numbers.

When you've done, post your entire dialplan for review.

Light begins to dawn! Many thanks I will post when I get it set up!

Old March 10th 07, 12:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:00:06 -0000, "Port Admiral Haynes"
wrote:

"Jono" wrote in message
k...
Port Admiral Haynes wrote:

[...]

Just to make that clear. You can have just ONE incoming provider. That
is the main registered provider and you can call out via that provider
too. In that case you do NOT enter a gateway in your dial plan syntax
for any one of the rules where you want to route via the registered
provider.
The 4 gateways allow OUTGOING calls via different providers.
The dial tone you get when you 'lift' the handset is due to
registration with your default provider.
So, to summarise,
NO gateway in a rule=default provider
gw0 is your landline
gw1 - gw4 are gateways to other voip providers.

If you 've not see the post plese also refer back to your very first
post (1 of 3 afaik) where I have nade further comments on static IP
AND refer to back up software for your settings.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old March 10th 07, 12:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

Default My Dialling Plan

"Brian A" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:00:06 -0000, "Port Admiral Haynes"
wrote:

"Jono" wrote in message
. uk...
Port Admiral Haynes wrote:

[...]

Many many thanks for all your very helpful advice.

I have moved VoipDiscount to Gateway 1 and set VoipTalk as my main provider.
Works perfectly.
My dialling plan is as follows

(:00441406[2-9]xxxxxx:@gw1|01xx.:@gw1|02xx.:@gw1|00xx.:@g w1|08xx.:@gw0|999:@gw0|07xx.:@gw0)

I am in the Holbeach Area 01406
I would like all international calls to go via VOIP as well as all landline
call in the UK. All others I would like to go via my BT line.

Old March 10th 07, 02:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Port Admiral Haynes" wrote in message

"Brian A" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:00:06 -0000, "Port Admiral Haynes"
wrote:

"Jono" wrote in message
.uk...
Port Admiral Haynes wrote:

[...]

Sorry - 1 more question - all seems to be working Ok. However if I ring in
the line gets dropped before my answer phone cuts in. It seems to ring for
10 seconds only - the answerphone is set at about 20 to give me time to get
to it. I could get the answerphone to cut in earlier but would like to make
it ring for longer.

Old March 10th 07, 02:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bill49

On 10 Mar, 14:12, "Port Admiral Haynes" wrote:
"Port Admiral Haynes" wrote in . uk...

"Brian A" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:00:06 -0000, "Port Admiral Haynes"
wrote:

"Jono" wrote in message
.uk...
Port Admiral Haynes wrote:

[...]

I think this will be a matter of your providers setting rather than
your ata. I use voip.co.uk and with them it is simpley a matter of
going to their web site altering the lenght of time before their
answer service kicks in. I altered mine from 20secs to 30secs.
Bill

Old March 10th 07, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Bill49" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 10 Mar, 14:12, "Port Admiral Haynes" wrote:
"Port Admiral Haynes" wrote in
. uk...

"Brian A" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:00:06 -0000, "Port Admiral Haynes"
wrote:

"Jono" wrote in message
.uk...
Port Admiral Haynes wrote:

[...]

Thank you so much! Its so simple when you know how! Sorted. You can tell I
am a total newbie at this VOIP stuff.

Old March 10th 07, 04:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Bill49" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 10 Mar, 14:12, "Port Admiral Haynes" wrote:
"Port Admiral Haynes" wrote in
. uk...

"Brian A" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:00:06 -0000, "Port Admiral Haynes"
wrote:

"Jono" wrote in message
.uk...
Port Admiral Haynes wrote:

[...]

Or perhaps not! VoipDiscount does not seem to have answer service just a
forwarding service!