All FWD numbers in ENUM (and even PSTN)

Old March 10th 07, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default All FWD numbers in ENUM (and even PSTN)

Because ENUM resolution under +8781039311 does not work anymore, I
decided to take things into my own hands. So I registered the Austrian
ENUM number +43 780 393393 and defined all FWD numbers as extensions
behind that. The extensions are always 6 digits. 5 digit FWD numbers
have to be dialled with a leading zero, and the tree digit special
codes have to be dialled with three leading zeros. Thus ENUM
resolution is as follows:

+43 780 393393 123456 - 123456 @ fwd.pulver.com
+43 780 393393 012345 - 12345 @ fwd.pulver.com
+43 780 393393 000123 - 123 @ fwd.pulver.com

Up to here it is simply a replacement for the defunct +878 solution.
But now for the more interesting part: +43780 is the Austrian ENUM-
only number range, which is automatically routed from the PSTN via
generic gateways. So from now on, every FWD mwmber also has a PSTN
number!

A mini-site with more information can be found at
http://43780393393.kxe.net

Old March 13th 07, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

wrote in message
ups.com...

But now for the more interesting part: +43780 is the Austrian ENUM-
only number range, which is automatically routed from the PSTN via
generic gateways. So from now on, every FWD mwmber also has a PSTN
number!

Calling +43 780 393393 xxxxxx (from Belgian PST line): worked perfectly !
Calling +43 780 393393 xxxxxx (from my FritzBox, ENUM enabled) : worked
perfectly !
(xxxxxx = my own FWD number)

rgds
Philippe

Old March 13th 07, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Philippe Deleye" wrote

Calling +43 780 393393 xxxxxx (from Belgian PST line): worked perfectly !
Calling +43 780 393393 xxxxxx (from my FritzBox, ENUM enabled) : worked
perfectly !
(xxxxxx = my own FWD number)

Thanks a lot Philippe!

Old March 14th 07, 05:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Mark wrote:

I get Number Unobtainable when calling from a BT line and a Voipfone
line to my 5-digit FWD number (prefixed by zero).

Can you call +43 780 393393 000000 from your BT line and post the
results? You should hear an announcement telling you how many
extension digits were transmitted by the network.

Old March 15th 07, 05:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Mark wrote:

4 digits from my BT line.

So I fear the UK is the first country with negative feedback: They
only transmit 15 total digits, which is unfortunately perfectly
compliant with ITU rules. So far I had only positive feedback from
several countries, meaning that in fact more than the ITU-recommended
15 digits get handled.

I would be very much interested in results from the United States.

Well, anyway, I did the project for the ENUM part, and there number
length should be no issue. The PSTN reachability is a goodie on top of
it, and I guess in a couple of weeks I will be able to compile a list
of countries from where it works and from where it doen't.