Old September 19th 18, 08:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

Default Citizens Advice: Millions overcharged for mobile contracts

On 19/09/2018 19:06, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 19/09/2018 18:47, Java Jive wrote:
"About four million people have been charged for mobile phones they
already own, spending 500m extra on contracts, according to Citizens
Advice.

Three of Britain's biggest mobile networks, EE, Three and Vodafone,
continue to charge for handsets even after the cost has been paid off."

Apart from the fact I've been on PAYG for the last 15 years, they'd have
a job doing that with me, as the first thing I do when I cancel anything
is to stop the direct debits.

If I'd remembered to post the link, which I now have, you would have
realised that they're not talking about continuing to deduct payments
from people who have cancelled contracts, they're talking about people
who begin a contract to 'hire-purchase' a phone over a given period, but
whom the network do not move to a SIM only contract once that period is
over, so they are still paying the extra cost of paying for the phone
even though it's been paid for.