Caller ID SPA3102

Old March 11th 07, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

Default Caller ID SPA3102

I have started a new thread re this as it got buried under my other pleas
for help! (See Final Two Questions About..)

I have got my new SAP 3102 set up and working. I worked my way through (with
lots of help from people here) it not registering with my SIP provider. I
sorted out the problem will calls to my BT landline being disconnected
before my answer phone cut in.

The remaining problem I have is that incoming caller ID is not being
displayed properly. Calls to my BT number and my VoipTalk number are both
affected. Only the first 8 digits are displayed. If the phone number is
stored in the DECT phones memory then the correct name is displayed however.

Old March 11th 07, 05:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Port Admiral Haynes explained :
I have started a new thread re this as it got buried under my other pleas for
help! (See Final Two Questions About..)

I have got my new SAP 3102 set up and working. I worked my way through (with
lots of help from people here) it not registering with my SIP provider. I
sorted out the problem will calls to my BT landline being disconnected before
my answer phone cut in.

The remaining problem I have is that incoming caller ID is not being
displayed properly. Calls to my BT number and my VoipTalk number are both
affected. Only the first 8 digits are displayed. If the phone number is
stored in the DECT phones memory then the correct name is displayed however.

Have you got ETSI FSK With PR(UK) set for Caller ID Method at the foot
of the Regional tab?

Also, what does the info page show as the last number to call? Is it
displayed correctly, or is this truncated too?

Old March 11th 07, 05:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Thanks

In the info page the last number is displayed correctly.

Yes I have got ETSI FSK With PR (UK) set.

I have tried it with two different DECT phones so I presume it must be the
3102

Old March 11th 07, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Port Admiral Haynes wrote :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Very strange.

I used my SPA3XXX to /fix/ a CLID problems - incompatibility between a
Telewest line and a BT DECT set.

I am surprised to see that the info page displays it differently from
your phones....

Old March 11th 07, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Port Admiral Haynes wrote :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I am a total newbie at all this but could it be some sort of timing issue eg
the phone does not get all of the caller ID before it rings or is the caller
ID sent between/as well at the rings. Sorry if I am being stupid!

Old March 11th 07, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
Yes I have got ETSI FSK With PR (UK) set.

There are 2 places to set this. One in the regional tab, and one
somewhere else.

i'd just double check the regional tab, as this is the caller ID type
your phone will transmit. (I think it is that way around)

If the Info page is showing the correct number, then the problem is in
the transmit side on the FXS port.

Which firmware version are you on?

Tim
Old March 11th 07, 06:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Tim" wrote in message
Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
Yes I have got ETSI FSK With PR (UK) set.

There are 2 places to set this. One in the regional tab, and one
somewhere else.

i'd just double check the regional tab, as this is the caller ID type your
phone will transmit. (I think it is that way around)

If the Info page is showing the correct number, then the problem is in the
transmit side on the FXS port.

Which firmware version are you on?

Tim

I have just downloaded and installed the latest firmware from the Linksys
Site - this appears to be 5.1.5(GWa)
Same problem - only the first 8 digits come through.

I cant find it anywhere else than under regional

Old March 11th 07, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Port Admiral Haynes has brought this to us :
"Tim" wrote in message
Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
Yes I have got ETSI FSK With PR (UK) set.

There are 2 places to set this. One in the regional tab, and one somewhere
else.

i'd just double check the regional tab, as this is the caller ID type your
phone will transmit. (I think it is that way around)

If the Info page is showing the correct number, then the problem is in the
transmit side on the FXS port.

Which firmware version are you on?

Tim

I have just downloaded and installed the latest firmware from the Linksys
Site - this appears to be 5.1.5(GWa)
Same problem - only the first 8 digits come through.

I cant find it anywhere else than under regional

Nor can I.

Perhaps Tim's thinking of "FXS Port Impedance:" which should be set on
the Regional tab to 370+620||310nF and the "FXO Port Impedance:" on the
PSTN tab which should also be set to the same....