Inbound DTMF

Old March 11th 07, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Default Inbound DTMF

Hello all,

Is anyone else having any problems with DTMF on Sipgate?

For about a week now, anyone calling my Sipgate PSTN number, when they
reach my IVR, pressing any digit yields no response. However, calling
my SIP number works fine. I have made no changes to my PBX.

Anyone else got a Sipgate number & Asterisk...and an IVR (or
Voicemail)...and is willing to test for me?

Thank you.

PLEASE DON'T JOIN THIS THREAD WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN HELPFUL COMMENTS
:0)

Old March 11th 07, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote in message

Hello all,

Is anyone else having any problems with DTMF on Sipgate?

For about a week now, anyone calling my Sipgate PSTN
number, when they reach my IVR, pressing any digit yields
no response. However, calling my SIP number works fine. I
have made no changes to my PBX.
Anyone else got a Sipgate number & Asterisk...and an IVR
(or Voicemail)...and is willing to test for me?

Strange one. DTMF problems are usually the result of the sending ATA not
being correctly configured. It shouldn't be a problem with a call from the
PSTN.

I've occasionally had problems with inbound DTMF to a DSA port on my PBX,
but that again has usually (AFAIK) been down to the caller's ATA not being
correctly configured, I've never had a problem when the call has come from
the PSTN.

Thank you.

PLEASE DON'T JOIN THIS THREAD WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN
HELPFUL COMMENTS
0)

Hey, my name isn't Ron..!

Ivor

Old March 11th 07, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Hello all,

Is anyone else having any problems with DTMF on Sipgate?

For about a week now, anyone calling my Sipgate PSTN number, when they
reach my IVR, pressing any digit yields no response. However, calling my
SIP number works fine. I have made no changes to my PBX.

Anyone else got a Sipgate number & Asterisk...and an IVR (or
Voicemail)...and is willing to test for me?

Thank you.

Yes, I am getting the same thing.
I'm doing some tests and I'll get back.

--

Graham.
Profound_observation

Old March 11th 07, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Graham explained :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Hello all,

Is anyone else having any problems with DTMF on Sipgate?

For about a week now, anyone calling my Sipgate PSTN number, when they
reach my IVR, pressing any digit yields no response. However, calling my
SIP number works fine. I have made no changes to my PBX.

Anyone else got a Sipgate number & Asterisk...and an IVR (or
Voicemail)...and is willing to test for me?

Thank you.

Yes, I am getting the same thing.
I'm doing some tests and I'll get back.

Phew. Thought I'd inadvertently mucked something up!

Old March 11th 07, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Ivor Jones pretended :

"Jono" wrote in message

Hello all,

Is anyone else having any problems with DTMF on Sipgate?

For about a week now, anyone calling my Sipgate PSTN
number, when they reach my IVR, pressing any digit yields
no response. However, calling my SIP number works fine. I
have made no changes to my PBX.
Anyone else got a Sipgate number & Asterisk...and an IVR
(or Voicemail)...and is willing to test for me?

Strange one. DTMF problems are usually the result of the sending ATA not
being correctly configured. It shouldn't be a problem with a call from the
PSTN.

I've occasionally had problems with inbound DTMF to a DSA port on my PBX, but
that again has usually (AFAIK) been down to the caller's ATA not being
correctly configured, I've never had a problem when the call has come from
the PSTN.

In the early days of voip.co.uk, I had some issues with inbound DTMF,
however, never with Sipgate - until now.

Thank you.

PLEASE DON'T JOIN THIS THREAD WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN
HELPFUL COMMENTS
0)

Hey, my name isn't Ron..!

hmmm. That's one comment I would have liked to avoid :-(

Old March 11th 07, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Hello all,

Is anyone else having any problems with DTMF on Sipgate?

For about a week now, anyone calling my Sipgate PSTN number, when they
reach my IVR, pressing any digit yields no response. However, calling my
SIP number works fine. I have made no changes to my PBX.

Anyone else got a Sipgate number & Asterisk...and an IVR (or
Voicemail)...and is willing to test for me?

Thank you.

I noticed inbound calls were using a-law and outbound u-law, but
that is probably down to my dodgy programming. I think they are
pretty much the same anyway.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old March 12th 07, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Graham explained on 11/03/2007 :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Hello all,

Is anyone else having any problems with DTMF on Sipgate?

For about a week now, anyone calling my Sipgate PSTN number, when they
reach my IVR, pressing any digit yields no response. However, calling my
SIP number works fine. I have made no changes to my PBX.

Anyone else got a Sipgate number & Asterisk...and an IVR (or
Voicemail)...and is willing to test for me?

Thank you.

I noticed inbound calls were using a-law and outbound u-law, but
that is probably down to my dodgy programming. I think they are
pretty much the same anyway.
--

I've raised the issue with Sipgate support & got a reply within 15
minutes that they've now raised it with their supplier.

Old March 12th 07, 08:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Hello all,

Is anyone else having any problems with DTMF on Sipgate?

For about a week now, anyone calling my Sipgate PSTN number, when they
reach my IVR, pressing any digit yields no response. However, calling
my SIP number works fine. I have made no changes to my PBX.

Anyone else got a Sipgate number & Asterisk...and an IVR (or
Voicemail)...and is willing to test for me?

Thank you.

PLEASE DON'T JOIN THIS THREAD WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN HELPFUL COMMENTS
:0)

For info, I have always had issues with OUTbound DTMF on Sipgate (i.e.
recognition by the final recipient) - one of the reasons I stopped using
them

Old March 12th 07, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

After serious thinking Herman wrote :

For info, I have always had issues with OUTbound DTMF on Sipgate (i.e.
recognition by the final recipient) - one of the reasons I stopped using
them

I would be surprised if that were not a configuration issue at your
end. Never had any (Sipgate) DTMF issues until my sister complained
that she'd not been able to collect her voicemail remotely.

Old March 12th 07, 09:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
After serious thinking Herman wrote :

For info, I have always had issues with OUTbound DTMF on Sipgate (i.e.
recognition by the final recipient) - one of the reasons I stopped using
them

I would be surprised if that were not a configuration issue at your end.
Never had any (Sipgate) DTMF issues until my sister complained that she'd
not been able to collect her voicemail remotely.

That's what I originally assumed too. I changed my mind when I had
difficulties only with Sipgate and not with other providers on the same box
(FritzBox). If someone can point me in the direction of what setting to
change, I am happy to have my original assumption proved correct, but I fear
this is not the case.

BTW, I repeat your original request.: