Old October 5th 18, 03:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rodney Pont[_2_]

Default High speed broadband to become a legal right

On Fri, 5 Oct 2018 10:20:22 +0100, NY wrote:

I wonder what they will do about people who are at the end of long phone
lines in rural areas several miles from an exchange. Will they have a
get-out clause like "we don't have to upgrade the phone line if there's 10
Mbps by some other means such as mobile or Virgin, even if it's more
expensive"?

When this was first in the news it was that everyone will have the
right to 'ask' for high speed. It didn't guarantee that they would get
it.

Now it's subject to a cost ceiling (as stated in the article) but I
don't know what that is. It's a USO for those where the supplier can
afford it!

--
Regards - Rodney Pont
e-mail rpont (at) gmail (dot) com