Old October 5th 18, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MissRiaElaine[_2_]

Default Why choose a smart digital lock?

On 05/10/2018 21:50, NY wrote:
"Richmond" wrote in message
Roderick Stewart writes:

No more access to your home in the event of loss of power?

On the contrary, in the event of loss of power, all the doors open just
in case there is a fire.

So the thief breaks into the garage or shed that has power, causes an
earth leakage fault to trip the house's RCD and bingo, the doors to the
house are unlocked.

I would have assumed that any halfway decent system would have battery
backup from either an internal battery or a UPS somewhere. If I were to
install one, I'd make sure it didn't fail in the event of a power outage.

--
Ria in Aberdeen