Old October 10th 18, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default Jersey fibred up

On Wednesday, 10 October 2018 13:30:24 UTC+1, MB wrote:
On 10/10/2018 13:10, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
Various news reports that after seven years' rollout every premise in Jersey now has fibre broadband.

I could not decide from the report whether every premises HAS fibre or
HAS ACCESS TO fibre if they want it.

Has access.

Has JT ripped out all the copper?

Not yet, but it will do.

Does everyone have to provide a power socket?

Dunno - but probably. I had this problem with ISDN provided over fibre - no S-Bus power.

Is the voice connection being transferred to the fibre and so needing a
UPS which I would not want to leave on when not at home.

Don't see why you would need an UPS - Jersey has long had the highest mobile penetration too.