Old November 1st 18, 10:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeeGee

Default Three DD Scam

On 01/11/18 08:37, CJB wrote:
For some years I used to use a small USB dongle from Three to access the Internet. I had a contract on a monthly basis for 5GB at 15 - that was OK for me. Then the damn device kept disconnecting. Payment was on DD.

So last year I complained and got suckered into a Wifi device again USB connected. This was on a yearly contract for 17 for 20GB. Again payment was on DD. The previous DD was supposed to be cancelled by Three as soon as the new one kicked in.

Earlier this year I checked by bank account and found that Three had been deducting TWO DDs for months. They hadn't cancelled the first one as promised.

Contacting Three was a nightmare. I tried their chat to an agent feature. I tried raising an issue on their complaints page - no-one phoned back. I tried emailing the HQ for Hutchinson in Scotland. Then I tried Resolver and TrustPilot - all to no avail. Even Facebook was useless. Finally the thing that worked was the Customer Service phone an agent feature - with a senior person who had authority to refund the overpayments made.

But it was all damn hard work - but I got my money back.

CJB

Cancel the DD yourself and contact your bank if it gets set up again.

Check all financial statements/accounts at an appropriate frequency.

--
PeeGee

to be removed from a computer easily."