Old November 4th 18, 01:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_2_]

Default Vigor V2860 WAN2 to modem to Plusnet

Configuration is:

Vigor 2860
WAN1 connected to VDSL service from Zen Internet
WAN2 connected to modem to ADSL service from Plusnet.
Error Router: Message [ PPPoE : No response from server side. ]

The problem with Plusnet is present regardless of whether WAN1 is used
or not.

But:

Using Vigor 2830
WAN1 not connected
WAN2 connected to modem to ADSL service from Plusnet.
This connects OK

However: Vigor 2860
WAN1 not connected
WAN2 connected to modem to VDSL service from ***Zen Internet***
This works OK.

I suspected a problem about a couple of months back (September 2018).
At that time I had a Vigor V2910 and two ADSL modems - this was before
the Zen connection was upgraded to VDSL. The Plusnet connection
appeared to fail. Ater much testing I assumed that there was a problem
with the very old V2910 and decided to pension it off. In the mean time
I configured its WAN2 to communicate with a router rather than a modem,
which behaved as expected.

So there appears to be an incompatibility between the WAN2 port of some
Vigor routers and the Plusnet ADSL service.

Has anybody else seen this?

--
Graham J