Old November 4th 18, 05:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_2_]

Default Vigor V2860 WAN2 to modem to Plusnet

Alfred wrote:
Did you try using PPPoA for plusnet adsl, not PPPoE? even if you are
using an external modem over ethernet.

PPPoA is not an option available on the WAN2 port of any Vigor router.
'PPP over ATM' relates to the transport mechanism of the modem. The
other parameters you quote also relate to the modem, not the router; and
are configured in the modem itself.

It was just a stab in the dark.

Are you sure the ADSL modem is functional? If not you can get a Draytek
Vigor 120 ADSL modem for very cheap on ebay.

I tried several modems. They all work with WAN2 on the V2830, and the
one that supports VDSL works when connecting to Zen via WAN2 on the V2860.

It is the combination of V2860, its WAN2, and Plusnet that fails.

One of the modems I tried was in fact a V120.

--
Graham J