Old November 4th 18, 05:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
grinch

Default Vigor V2860 WAN2 to modem to Plusnet

On 04/11/2018 15:45, Graham J wrote:
grinch wrote:
On 04/11/2018 13:13, Alfred wrote:
Vigor 2830

Once/if* you have fix/ed the above you then have the issue of routing.
Which ISP does a particular packet take ? As you are not running a
routing protocol how will it decide ?

[snip]

All serious testing was done with only the WAN2 port connected, so the
routing issue doesn't arise.

However the Vigor routers have a load-balancing GUI so the route that
traffic takes can be managed from that.* It can take account of the raw
line speed, and user preferences so for example traffic to your bank's
website always goes through a given route (to avoid the potential
problem of packets within the same session arriving at the bank from
different IP addresses).

To be honest I don't have that much experience with low end routers,I
work mainly with Cisco and BGP.

If you say it will work I cant argue but I can be 100% certain my
suggestions will work ,because I have tested them.

I would run the Zen FTTC via the modem and pppoe and the plusnet via the
built in modem on pppoa ,that should not be that difficult to get working.