Old November 8th 18, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
MissRiaElaine[_2_]

Default 5G will let users ditch fixed-line home broadband, says Three

On 08/11/2018 09:19, Java Jive wrote:
5G hyping getting into its stride ...

"5G will let users ditch fixed-line home broadband, says Three"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46127712

Actually, out here in northern Scotland, 4G could already make my
landline redundant if only there was a suitably priced plan that gave me
unlimited or nearly so download limits, but AFAIAA there isn't.

I just don't like the concept of relying on radio connections for
*everything* - there is just a certain satisfying something about a
fixed pair of wires, maybe it's just me.

--
Ria in Aberdeen