Old November 8th 18, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
MissRiaElaine[_2_]

Default 5G will let users ditch fixed-line home broadband, says Three

On 08/11/2018 14:59, Alfred wrote:
5G hyping getting into its stride ...
"5G will let users ditch fixed-line home broadband, says Three"

This is mostly marketing BS, but there is a part of truth in it.
For people living in rented accomodation, signing a contract with a
broadband provider is a nightmare. You can get broadband one month or
two after you moved into the home, just because you need to wait for
an Openreach engineer to plug a cable in the exchange. And they force
people to sign 12-18 month contracts, which is an economic suicide
when a tenancy is about to finish. Keeping the line in a rolling
contract for 6 months is more expensive.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/bills-an...ovide-service/
https://www.choose.co.uk/guide/broad...tion-fees.html

Our tenancy is a secured one. As long as the rent is paid and there
isn't any anti-social behaviour, we can't be evicted. My other half, who
I moved in with just before we got married, has been here since 1994.

--
Ria in Aberdeen