Repost: Caller ID Problem On The SAP3120

Old March 13th 07, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

Default Repost: Caller ID Problem On The SAP3120

I have reposted this as I have still not found an answer.

Incoming calls to either my VoipTalk VOIP number or my BT PSTN number are
not displayed correctly on the caller display of any of the DECT phones I
have tried.

I have googled and googled and asked Linksys support but not found an
answer. Only the first 8 digits are displayed correctly. If I look on the
info page of the 3102 the full number is correctly displayed there.

I have applied all the regional settings correctly as far as I can tell but
nothing seems to make a difference. I have the latest firmware.

Any suggestions?

Old March 13th 07, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Port Admiral Haynes" wrote in message
I have reposted this as I have still not found an answer.

Incoming calls to either my VoipTalk VOIP number or my BT PSTN number are
not displayed correctly on the caller display of any of the DECT phones I
have tried.

I have googled and googled and asked Linksys support but not found an
answer. Only the first 8 digits are displayed correctly. If I look on the
info page of the 3102 the full number is correctly displayed there.

I have applied all the regional settings correctly as far as I can tell
but nothing seems to make a difference. I have the latest firmware.

Any suggestions?

Out of interest (I'm sure I know the answer) if you power off your adapter &
call your BT number, what shows up on the display?

Old March 13th 07, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Jono" wrote in message
k...

"Port Admiral Haynes" wrote in message
I have reposted this as I have still not found an answer.

Incoming calls to either my VoipTalk VOIP number or my BT PSTN number are
not displayed correctly on the caller display of any of the DECT phones I
have tried.

I have googled and googled and asked Linksys support but not found an
answer. Only the first 8 digits are displayed correctly. If I look on the
info page of the 3102 the full number is correctly displayed there.

I have applied all the regional settings correctly as far as I can tell
but nothing seems to make a difference. I have the latest firmware.

Any suggestions?

Out of interest (I'm sure I know the answer) if you power off your adapter
& call your BT number, what shows up on the display?

Thanks you for your continuing help. With the ATA powered off the caller
display is correct showing all digits of the incoming number.

Old March 13th 07, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Port Admiral Haynes wrote :

Any suggestions?

Out of interest (I'm sure I know the answer) if you power off your adapter
& call your BT number, what shows up on the display?

Thanks you for your continuing help. With the ATA powered off the caller
display is correct showing all digits of the incoming number.

I wish I was actually helping, though.

Where's a Brian when you need one? Just you mark my words, two'll turn
up at once!

It would be simpler if we could view your config......have you anywhere
you could upload your html file? Even if it's as an attachment to a
forum post, somewhere like http://voxilla.com

Incidentally, have you had a look round the Voxilla Linksys forum to
see if anyone else is having similar problems?

Old March 14th 07, 07:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Port Admiral Haynes wrote :

Any suggestions?

Out of interest (I'm sure I know the answer) if you power off your
adapter & call your BT number, what shows up on the display?

Thanks you for your continuing help. With the ATA powered off the caller
display is correct showing all digits of the incoming number.

I wish I was actually helping, though.

Where's a Brian when you need one? Just you mark my words, two'll turn up
at once!

It would be simpler if we could view your config......have you anywhere
you could upload your html file? Even if it's as an attachment to a forum
post, somewhere like http://voxilla.com

Incidentally, have you had a look round the Voxilla Linksys forum to see
if anyone else is having similar problems?

Ok I now have a Voxilla Account - what is the best way to save the config so
I can upload it there?

Old March 14th 07, 01:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Port Admiral Haynes wrote :

Any suggestions?

Out of interest (I'm sure I know the answer) if you power off your
adapter & call your BT number, what shows up on the display?

Thanks you for your continuing help. With the ATA powered off the caller
display is correct showing all digits of the incoming number.

I wish I was actually helping, though.

Where's a Brian when you need one? Just you mark my words, two'll turn up
at once!

It would be simpler if we could view your config......have you anywhere
you could upload your html file? Even if it's as an attachment to a forum
post, somewhere like http://voxilla.com

Incidentally, have you had a look round the Voxilla Linksys forum to see
if anyone else is having similar problems?

Further Info! I have found out that both DECT phones I have tried have a 8
character display when storing names in their internal phone books (A
Binatone Fusion 2200 and an NTL VS2000) I have just tried an older Phillips
DECT 121 - this has no ability to store names in its memory - and the caller
ID is perfect on this.

Is it therefore that the phones I am using think(!) that the caller display
info they are receiving is a string of characters rather than number?

Old March 14th 07, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2007-03-14, Port Admiral Haynes wrote:

Further Info! I have found out that both DECT phones I have tried have a 8
character display when storing names in their internal phone books (A
Binatone Fusion 2200 and an NTL VS2000) I have just tried an older Phillips
DECT 121 - this has no ability to store names in its memory - and the caller
ID is perfect on this.

Is it therefore that the phones I am using think(!) that the caller display
info they are receiving is a string of characters rather than number?

Have you tried pressing the caller display button whilst the phone is
ringing?

Brian.
Old March 14th 07, 02:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

On 2007-03-14, Port Admiral Haynes wrote:

Further Info! I have found out that both DECT phones I have tried have a
8
character display when storing names in their internal phone books (A
Binatone Fusion 2200 and an NTL VS2000) I have just tried an older
Phillips
DECT 121 - this has no ability to store names in its memory - and the
caller
ID is perfect on this.

Is it therefore that the phones I am using think(!) that the caller
display
info they are receiving is a string of characters rather than number?

Have you tried pressing the caller display button whilst the phone is
ringing?

Brian.

The display stays the same.

Old March 14th 07, 02:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

On 2007-03-14, Port Admiral Haynes wrote:

Further Info! I have found out that both DECT phones I have tried have a
8
character display when storing names in their internal phone books (A
Binatone Fusion 2200 and an NTL VS2000) I have just tried an older
Phillips
DECT 121 - this has no ability to store names in its memory - and the
caller
ID is perfect on this.

Is it therefore that the phones I am using think(!) that the caller
display
info they are receiving is a string of characters rather than number?

Have you tried pressing the caller display button whilst the phone is
ringing?

Brian.

The display stays the same.

ie the first 8 digits only

Old March 14th 07, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Port Admiral Haynes wrote :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Port Admiral Haynes wrote :

Any suggestions?

Out of interest (I'm sure I know the answer) if you power off your
adapter & call your BT number, what shows up on the display?

Thanks you for your continuing help. With the ATA powered off the caller
display is correct showing all digits of the incoming number.

I wish I was actually helping, though.

Where's a Brian when you need one? Just you mark my words, two'll turn up
at once!

It would be simpler if we could view your config......have you anywhere you
could upload your html file? Even if it's as an attachment to a forum post,
somewhere like http://voxilla.com

Incidentally, have you had a look round the Voxilla Linksys forum to see if
anyone else is having similar problems?

Ok I now have a Voxilla Account - what is the best way to save the config so
I can upload it there?

Start a thread, perhaps asking for help with your caller ID problem &
add the full html file as an attachment. Bear in mind, unless you
change your usernames they will be viible, however, passwords will not.

Then post the link to the thread here.