Voip ATA advice

Old March 13th 07, 08:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Duncan MacCallum

Default Voip ATA advice

HI,
As ex freetalk customer transfered to Vonage my contract period is
coming to an end.
It is highly unlikely I will renew with Vonage and am looking around for
new viop provider. voip.co.uk looking most likely ATM.
Looking for suggestion for suitable ATA to attach to Belkin Pre N router
with in turn in linked to cable modem.
Not interested combined router/ATA solution and as its just for home use
quality wins over extra features which I might never use.

Any advice/guidance most welcome

Cheers
Old March 14th 07, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:40:58 GMT, Duncan MacCallum
wrote:

HI,
As ex freetalk customer transfered to Vonage my contract period is
coming to an end.
It is highly unlikely I will renew with Vonage and am looking around for
new viop provider. voip.co.uk looking most likely ATM.
Looking for suggestion for suitable ATA to attach to Belkin Pre N router
with in turn in linked to cable modem.
Not interested combined router/ATA solution and as its just for home use
quality wins over extra features which I might never use.

Any advice/guidance most welcome

Cheers

I would recommend the Linksys/Sipura SPA-3102.
If you have a landline you can integrate it with your voip. If you
have no landline you just don't use that facility.
The other advantage of the SPA-3102 is that it will allow you to
include up to 5 different outgoing providers. Your calls will
automatically be routed via th eappropriate provider depending on
number type.
e.g. Calls to 01/02 numbers via provider1, calls to mobiles via
provider 2, etc.
This ATA caters for just one incoming provider. If you need more than
one incoming provider then you either choose a different ATA or use
the services of Voxalot.

If you just want the simplest of set ups and you have no landline, I
would choose the Linksys/Sipura SPA-1001. This ATA works on voip only.
It has 2 incoming/outgoing provider settings. The calls are
terminiated to ONE set of handsets even though there are two incoming
lines. That is very handy, of course, for a domestic environment.

Check out broadbandstuff.co.uk.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old March 14th 07, 12:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

wrote:

[...]

also broadbandbuyer.co.uk