Internal Transfer Between DECT Handsets

Old March 14th 07, 05:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

Default Internal Transfer Between DECT Handsets

I have a SPA3102 I am struggling to get to grips with! Despite caller
display problems, which I am working on, I decided to go live with it and
plug my house phone system into it. I have 5 NTL VS2000 DECT Handsets
scattered around the house.

Previously when we had an incoming call via my BT line, that was for someone
else we used to press the "hang up" and then shout "it's for yoooo" ! The
other person pressed the dial key on another handset and the call could be
picked up from there. Just tried this during a PSTN call and when I pressed
hang up it hung up and when the other person tried to take up the call they
had been cut off!

Any suggestions?

Old March 14th 07, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Port Admiral Haynes explained :
I have a SPA3102 I am struggling to get to grips with! Despite caller display
problems, which I am working on, I decided to go live with it and plug my
house phone system into it. I have 5 NTL VS2000 DECT Handsets scattered
around the house.

Previously when we had an incoming call via my BT line, that was for someone
else we used to press the "hang up" and then shout "it's for yoooo" ! The
other person pressed the dial key on another handset and the call could be
picked up from there. Just tried this during a PSTN call and when I pressed
hang up it hung up and when the other person tried to take up the call they
had been cut off!

Any suggestions?

Your dect handsets should be able to transfer calls to another handset
registered to the same base station.

Are your 5 handsets on the same base station, or 5 different base
stations?

If the latter, shout "it's for yoooo" /before/ you hang up & /after/
"yooo" has answered.

Old March 14th 07, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Port Admiral Haynes explained on 14/03/2007 :
I have a SPA3102 I am struggling to get to grips with! Despite caller display
problems, which I am working on, I decided to go live with it and plug my
house phone system into it. I have 5 NTL VS2000 DECT Handsets scattered
around the house.

Previously when we had an incoming call via my BT line, that was for someone
else we used to press the "hang up" and then shout "it's for yoooo" ! The
other person pressed the dial key on another handset and the call could be
picked up from there. Just tried this during a PSTN call and when I pressed
hang up it hung up and when the other person tried to take up the call they
had been cut off!

Any suggestions?

Try pressing the recall button before you hang up. With any luck, your
phones will start ringing again....

Old March 14th 07, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Port Admiral Haynes explained on 14/03/2007 :
I have a SPA3102 I am struggling to get to grips with! Despite caller
display problems, which I am working on, I decided to go live with it and
plug my house phone system into it. I have 5 NTL VS2000 DECT Handsets
scattered around the house.

Previously when we had an incoming call via my BT line, that was for
someone else we used to press the "hang up" and then shout "it's for
yoooo" ! The other person pressed the dial key on another handset and the
call could be picked up from there. Just tried this during a PSTN call
and when I pressed hang up it hung up and when the other person tried to
take up the call they had been cut off!

Any suggestions?

Try pressing the recall button before you hang up. With any luck, your
phones will start ringing again....

Thanks for your help - they are all on the base station - I will try your
suggestions

Old March 14th 07, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Port Admiral Haynes explained on 14/03/2007 :
I have a SPA3102 I am struggling to get to grips with! Despite caller
display problems, which I am working on, I decided to go live with it and
plug my house phone system into it. I have 5 NTL VS2000 DECT Handsets
scattered around the house.

Previously when we had an incoming call via my BT line, that was for
someone else we used to press the "hang up" and then shout "it's for
yoooo" ! The other person pressed the dial key on another handset and the
call could be picked up from there. Just tried this during a PSTN call
and when I pressed hang up it hung up and when the other person tried to
take up the call they had been cut off!

Any suggestions?

Try pressing the recall button before you hang up. With any luck, your
phones will start ringing again....

Sorted! Thank you - now back to the Caller ID Problem!

Old March 14th 07, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Port Admiral Haynes formulated on Wednesday :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Flippin' 'eck.

I thought you'd discovered it was a failing of the phone, not the
ATA...?

Old March 14th 07, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Port Admiral Haynes formulated on Wednesday :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I am sure you are right - it's just that I have tried four different makes
of DECT phone. Three gave the truncated caller display whilst the fourth -
an old Philips phone with no ability to store names in the phone book -
worked. Also if I power off the ATA and dial in on my PSTN line the caller
display is correct on all phones.

I am going to post my config on Voxilla when I get a moment so you can look
at my config.

Thank you for your continuing help.

Old March 15th 07, 09:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Jono wrote:
I thought you'd discovered it was a failing of the phone, not the ATA...?

Could it be that the DECT phones aren't UK spec? And the OP should
try some different called ID types?

Tim