Current Free Calls to Mobiles Deals / Operators

Old March 16th 07, 02:05 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

Default Current Free Calls to Mobiles Deals / Operators

Hi,

I am interested in which deals / operators currently provide free calls to
(UK) mobiles. I understand the following are some, I was / am hoping others
can let me know of any others:

- Orange [using LiveBox] - free calls to Orange Mobiles
- Talk Talk [using a TalkTalk landline and TalkTalk Mobile] - free calls
between the paired (or any TalkTalk landline?] and a correctly funded
TalkTalk mobile

Their used to be a deal with onetel, similar to the Talk Talk package I
understand, where a One Tel customer with a One Tel mobile could call to /
from their One Tel mobile and landline free.

All thoughts and input appreciated.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old March 16th 07, 02:14 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

News Reader" wrote in message

Hi,

I am interested in which deals / operators currently
provide free calls to (UK) mobiles. I understand the
following are some, I was / am hoping others can let me
know of any others:

Off topic in all groups except uk.telecom.mobile - why the cross
posting..?

Ivor

Old March 16th 07, 02:58 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
News Reader" wrote in message

Hi,

I am interested in which deals / operators currently
provide free calls to (UK) mobiles. I understand the
following are some, I was / am hoping others can let me
know of any others:

Off topic in all groups except uk.telecom.mobile - why the cross
posting..?

Ivor

On topic in all groups.

Different readers in different groups now specifics and specials in
different / each area. I.e. those in uk.telecom may know about PSTN based
packages, those in broadband or voip may know about packages specific in
those areas; similarly VoIP.

Sorry to have confused / etc. you. / If this was not self-evident, etc.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old March 21st 07, 07:44 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip
Panda

On Mar 16, 4:05 am, "News Reader" wrote:
Hi,

I am interested in which deals / operators currently provide free calls to
(UK) mobiles. I understand the following are some, I was / am hoping others
can let me know of any others:

- Orange [using LiveBox] - free calls to Orange Mobiles
- Talk Talk [using a TalkTalk landline and TalkTalk Mobile] - free calls
between the paired (or any TalkTalk landline?] and a correctly funded
TalkTalk mobile

Their used to be a deal with onetel, similar to the Talk Talk package I
understand, where a One Tel customer with a One Tel mobile could call to /
from their One Tel mobile and landline free.

All thoughts and input appreciated.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Hi,

You can still check Gizmo project, they are offering free land line
and mobile in more than 60 countries , you can check if UK is one of
them.

www.networkingland.com/voip_special.htm

Panda,
www.networkingland.com

Old March 21st 07, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 21 Mar 2007 00:44:24 -0700, "Panda" wrote:

[...]

The free calls are only to 'active' Gizmo users who have registered
their phone numbers. It is not possible to call just any number in the
listed countries. Sorry to dissapoint if you thought otherwise.

Pastes from the Gizmo site:-

"... you can then dial the "home phone" or "mobile phone" numbers they
have added into their Gizmo Project profile. That call will be free
provided (a) you both are active Gizmo Project users, and (b) are
calling a qualifying number in one of the 60 countries for which the
plan is offered."

'Active' users are defined as:-

"An active user is one who regularly uses several communication
features in Gizmo Project including:

Making PC-to-PC calls
Inviting friends to download and use Gizmo Project, encouraging them
to put their telephone numbers (landline and mobile) into their
profile
Adding those friends to their buddy list
Sending instant messages (IMs) between users
Making online purchases periodically (for identity verification) "
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.