sms through voip (sip) provider using phone i.o. web interface?

Old March 17th 07, 11:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bob Newheart

Default sms through voip (sip) provider using phone i.o. web interface?

Hi all,

I currently use Voipbuster with the siemens S450ip phone for my voip calls
and send and receive sms through the local land line telephone operator at
0,15 per sms. Voipbuster offers sms at 0,03 per message but only through a
web interface, i would much prefer to use the phone. Does anyone know of a
sip voip provider which offers sms direct through a sms gateway which would
allow me to send sms directly from the phone?

thanks and best regards,

BN

Old March 17th 07, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

On Mar 17, 11:13 am, "Bob Newheart"
wrote:
Hi all,

I currently use Voipbuster with the siemens S450ip phone for my voip calls
and send and receive sms through the local land line telephone operator at
0,15 per sms. Voipbuster offers sms at 0,03 per message but only through a
web interface, i would much prefer to use the phone. Does anyone know of a
sip voip provider which offers sms direct through a sms gateway which would
allow me to send sms directly from the phone?

not SIP necessarily, but ...

using a Java client and sending via wap/gprs data, look at smsbug
vgsmail mobisms and vyke

Old March 17th 07, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bob Newheart

TX for your reply but the whole idea is to send sms messages cheaply from my
home phone (which is a Siemens Gigaset 450ip), no java there I'm afraid...

cheers,

BN

oups.com...

Old March 17th 07, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

yep, sorry I wasn't concentrating enough when I read it, and those
work from a mobile

I don't know if what you hope will actually be possible though

On Mar 17, 12:53 pm, "Bob Newheart"
wrote:
TX for your reply but the whole idea is to send sms messages cheaply from my
home phone (which is a Siemens Gigaset 450ip), no java there I'm afraid...

cheers,

BN

oups.com...

wrote:
not SIP necessarily, but ...

using a Java client and sending via wap/gprs data, look at smsbug
vgsmail mobisms and vyke- Hide quoted text -

Old March 17th 07, 03:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Bob Newheart wrote:

I currently use Voipbuster with the siemens S450ip phone for my voip calls
and send and receive sms through the local land line telephone operator at
0,15 per sms. Voipbuster offers sms at 0,03 per message but only through a
web interface, i would much prefer to use the phone. Does anyone know of a
sip voip provider which offers sms direct through a sms gateway which would
allow me to send sms directly from the phone?

The Siemen's C460IP doesn't support SMS over SIP.

Tim
Old March 17th 07, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bob Newheart

The Siemen's C460IP doesn't support SMS over SIP.

I found on a forum the s450ip also doesn't support this. However, the posts
I came across suggest it can be done when including the Sipura3000/linksys.
I have a question outstanding there as to how it's done with the sipura -
will update if that leads to anything.

BN

Old March 19th 07, 02:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Bob Newheart wrote:
I came across suggest it can be done when including the Sipura3000/linksys.
I have a question outstanding there as to how it's done with the sipura -
will update if that leads to anything.

That's interesting.

I wasn't aware this was possible. If you have a method, then I have
Siemens phones and SPA-3102's here and I'm happy to experiment.

Tim
Old March 19th 07, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bob Newheart

Regrettably the lead was a dud, the SPA doesn't do anything specific with
sms. So back to sq 1. Seems the business potential for offering competitive
rates for sms originating from land lines is deemed too small to offer, and
it remains a monopoly for the traditional land line phone co's.

BN