Old January 17th 19, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default the lesser spotted Gigabit Ethernet port ?

On Wednesday, 16 January 2019 18:34:02 UTC, Abandoned Trolley wrote:
hi there

I am just wondering what the general view is of the astonishing number
of wireless routers on the market (both xDSL and cable) which are
offering wireless connections of hundreds of megabits, but have no wired
connection faster than 100M.

I realise that most connections are directed toward the internet, and
that that majority of customers have download speeds less than 100M so
its not really a problem. However, for anybody using a media server or
any other service on the LAN there's hardly any point in going wireless
at all

There must be some rationale for this, apart from plain cost cutting -
what is it ?

AT

---
https://www.avg.com

Not my experience - BT routers since Hub5 in 2013 have Gigabit ports and manages well more than 100Mbps on wireless.