Old January 17th 19, 01:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.wireless,alt.comp.networking.routers
MissRiaElaine[_2_]

Default the lesser spotted Gigabit Ethernet port ?

On 17/01/2019 00:00, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 23:57:41 +0000, MissRiaElaine wrote:

Apathy. Plus the belief of manufacturers that everybody uses wireless.
I'm waiting for a router to come out with no Ethernet ports at all.

Has never bothered me. The router I use isn't even wireless. I use one
wired connection into the main gigabit switches (with a firewall box in
between, as it happens). I do have wireless APs hung off the gigfabit
network. So the only thing that's on the 100Mb/s connection is the VDSL
link - which is much slower than that.

I have the Sky Q router for my sins, it's not the best by any stretch of
the imagination, but it works. Only real drawbacks are no easy wall
mounting fixings and only 2 Ethernet ports, but at least both are
Gigabit. Only use one of them to link to the main switch in the rack
anyway, and all I use wireless for is the occasional checking of email
on the phone if there aren't any PC's switched on.

--
Ria in Aberdeen