A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) (uk.telecom.voip) Discussion of topics relevant to packet based voice technologies including Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN) as well as service providers, hardware and software for use with these technologies. Advertising is not allowed.

Which ATAs pass caller-ID for incoming PSTN calls



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 19th 07, 03:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
dmitri
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19
Default Which ATAs pass caller-ID for incoming PSTN calls

I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
(like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
Which one does?
  #2  
Old March 19th 07, 03:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 211
Default Which ATAs pass caller-ID for incoming PSTN calls


"dmitri" wrote in message news
I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
(like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
Which one does?


Not strictly an straight forward ATA, but the DrayTek Vigor2800VG (VoIP
router) does.

Rob


  #3  
Old March 19th 07, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Flobby
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10
Default Which ATAs pass caller-ID for incoming PSTN calls

"dmitri" wrote in message news
I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
(like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
Which one does?


Hey, that happens to me too, very irritating... I have seen reports of CID
working with the Zyxel 2602HWL though, but mine doesn't. I assumed
therefore, that it was more to do with the quality of the relay switching
component in the unit. Tried all sorts, different filters, shorter
cables...


  #4  
Old March 19th 07, 04:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 59
Default Which ATAs pass caller-ID for incoming PSTN calls

dmitri wrote:
I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
(like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
Which one does?

My linksys sp3000 passes clid for both bt and voip incoming lines
  #5  
Old March 19th 07, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,539
Default Which ATAs pass caller-ID for incoming PSTN calls

Ian Pawson formulated on Monday :
dmitri wrote:
I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
(like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
Which one does?

My linksys/sipura spa3000 passes clid for both bt and voip incoming lines


As does mine.


  #6  
Old March 19th 07, 08:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,037
Default Which ATAs pass caller-ID for incoming PSTN calls

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:44:40 GMT, Jono
wrote:

Ian Pawson formulated on Monday :
dmitri wrote:
I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
(like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
Which one does?

My linksys/sipura spa3000 passes clid for both bt and voip incoming lines


As does mine.

And mine - on voip anyway - don't have a landline.
When my cousin calls from OZ my phone even displays 'Unknown'.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
  #7  
Old March 19th 07, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,539
Default Which ATAs pass caller-ID for incoming PSTN calls

Brian A expressed precisely :

When my cousin calls from OZ my phone even displays 'Unknown'.


Erm, surely that's not a good thing.....


  #8  
Old March 20th 07, 10:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,037
Default Which ATAs pass caller-ID for incoming PSTN calls

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:19:56 GMT, Jono
wrote:

Brian A expressed precisely :

When my cousin calls from OZ my phone even displays 'Unknown'.


Erm, surely that's not a good thing.....

Agreed, I do see your point. Just pointing out the range of display
possibilities.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
  #9  
Old March 21st 07, 01:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 100
Default Which ATAs pass caller-ID for incoming PSTN calls


"dmitri" wrote in message news
I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
(like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
Which one does?


FritzBox apparently does (somebody from Voiptalk tested this for me and
confirmed) but I have never tested it on a BT line.


 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MIssing caller ID on voip.co.uk incoming calls [email protected] uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 3 February 19th 07 05:29 PM
Connected to ATA my DECT doesn't show incoming PSTN Caller IDs dmitri uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 4 February 11th 07 05:06 PM
PSTN pass through Hana uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 22 September 27th 06 05:46 PM
Draytek PSTN Pass Through (splitter?) Mr Flipflops uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 9 February 2nd 06 03:08 PM
Incoming PSTN calls Cogs uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 8 November 13th 05 04:45 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.