Whats wrong with Amsterdam?

Old March 22nd 07, 02:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

Default Whats wrong with Amsterdam?

Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number. Checked
on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have Skype and
checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!

Is something wrong with Holland?

Old March 22nd 07, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

"Port Admiral Haynes" wrote in message
Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number. Checked
on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have Skype

and
checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!

Is something wrong with Holland?

Just looked. It is listed, only it's disguising itself as "Netherlands".

:-)

Rob

Old March 22nd 07, 03:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

Old March 22nd 07, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

On 2007-03-22, Port Admiral Haynes wrote:

Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number.
Checked
on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have Skype
and
checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!

Is something wrong with Holland?

Netherlands?

Brian.

Dooh!

Sorry - thanks - my bad!

I must have been given the wrong number!

Old March 22nd 07, 03:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

"Port Admiral Haynes" wrote in message
Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number. Checked
on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have Skype
and checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!

Is something wrong with Holland?

Well its horribly flat and it rains all the time, that's just for starters,

Roger

P.S. Sorry, couldn't resist it!

Old March 22nd 07, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

On 2007-03-22, Port Admiral Haynes wrote:

Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number.
Checked
on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have
Skype and
checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!

Is something wrong with Holland?

Netherlands?

Brian.

Dooh!

Sorry - thanks - my bad!

I must have been given the wrong number!

Holland is only part of The Netherlands.
Old March 22nd 07, 03:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Roger" wrote in message

"Port Admiral Haynes" wrote in message
Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number.
Checked on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have
Skype and checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!

Is something wrong with Holland?

Well its horribly flat and it rains all the time, that's just for
starters,

Roger

P.S. Sorry, couldn't resist it!

While in Wales it is horribly hilly and rains all the time!

Sorry couldn't resist it!

Old March 23rd 07, 02:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton

"Herman" wrote in message
"Roger" wrote in message

"Port Admiral Haynes" wrote in message
Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number.
Checked on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I
have Skype and checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!

Is something wrong with Holland?

Well its horribly flat and it rains all the time, that's just for
starters,

Roger

P.S. Sorry, couldn't resist it!

While in Wales it is horribly hilly and rains all the time!

Yes but there is another difference

In Holland most people speak Dutch as a frst language, but many will go out
of their way to make you feel welcome in bars etc. by talking to you in
English.

In Wales most people speak English as a first language, but many will go out
of their way to make you feel unwelcome in bars etc. by switching to talking
in [bad] Welsh as soon as they sus' you.

Sorry couldn't resist it!

Old March 23rd 07, 02:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in
message

[snip]

In Holland most people speak Dutch as a frst language,
but many will go out of their way to make you feel
welcome in bars etc. by talking to you in English.

In Wales most people speak English as a first language,
but many will go out of their way to make you feel
unwelcome in bars etc. by switching to talking in [bad]
Welsh as soon as they sus' you.

Ah, but the beer is better in Wales :-)

Ivor

Old March 23rd 07, 07:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Herman" wrote in message
"Roger" wrote in message

"Port Admiral Haynes" wrote in message
Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number.
Checked on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I
have Skype and checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!

Is something wrong with Holland?
Well its horribly flat and it rains all the time, that's just for
starters,

Roger

P.S. Sorry, couldn't resist it!

While in Wales it is horribly hilly and rains all the time!

Yes but there is another difference

In Holland most people speak Dutch as a frst language, but many will go
out of their way to make you feel welcome in bars etc. by talking to you
in English.

Correction - most people in Holland outside of Amsterdam speak Dutch. Most
people in Amsterdam do not speak Dutch (only 1 in 3 are actually Dutch
according to one estimate).

So now you know.