QOS

Old March 22nd 07, 02:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

Default QOS

My router (Linksys ADSL2 Gateway) has a QoS setting. Would I notice any
improvement in calls via my Linksys 3012 ATA if I set QoS to high on the
ports it is using.

Sound quality is Ok but occasionally there is a little echo and people say I
sound a little far away although the volume my end is fine.

If I wanted to boost my sound to them I presume I alter either SPA to PSTN
gain or PSTN to SPA gain but which one? They are both set to zero at the
moment so do I give it a negative or positive value to increase the gain.

Thanx

Old March 22nd 07, 09:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Port Admiral Haynes brought next idea :
My router (Linksys ADSL2 Gateway) has a QoS setting. Would I notice any
improvement in calls via my Linksys 3012 ATA if I set QoS to high on the
ports it is using.

Sound quality is Ok but occasionally there is a little echo and people say I
sound a little far away although the volume my end is fine.

If I wanted to boost my sound to them I presume I alter either SPA to PSTN
gain or PSTN to SPA gain but which one? They are both set to zero at the
moment so do I give it a negative or positive value to increase the gain.

You might do, however, it is likely to only deal with download
bandwidth. Furthermore, once the packets have left your router, you
have no control over the QoS of the internet at large, so to speak.