advice please: incoming number setup

Old March 22nd 07, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Richardson

Default advice please: incoming number setup

I've now got an incoming number with voxbone, which I've allegedly set
up correctly on their site, of the form , and
also set up the DID forwarding.

However, when I call the number from either my Orange mobile or my
ex-NTL phone line, I get a number unobtainable signal.

I've got a Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT v23 SP2, and a Linksys PAP2T
(recently flashed with the latest firmware).

I can successfully make outgoing calls using voipcheap.co.uk

What have I configured incorrectly, or what have I not done?

Thanks,

Ian
Old March 22nd 07, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2007-03-22, Ian Richardson wrote:

I've now got an incoming number with voxbone, which I've allegedly set
up correctly on their site, of the form , and
also set up the DID forwarding.

However, when I call the number from either my Orange mobile or my
ex-NTL phone line, I get a number unobtainable signal.

I've got a Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT v23 SP2, and a Linksys PAP2T
(recently flashed with the latest firmware).

I can successfully make outgoing calls using voipcheap.co.uk

What have I configured incorrectly, or what have I not done?

Is your router set up to route port 5060 traffic to the PAP2T?

Brian.
Old March 23rd 07, 07:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Richardson

Brian wrote:

snip

Is your router set up to route port 5060 traffic to the PAP2T?

Yes. 5060 and 5061 (not that I'm using the latter) for SIP (UDP), and
10000 to 10999 for RTP (UDP).

Thanks,

Ian
Old March 23rd 07, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Richardson

On 2007-03-22, Ian Richardson wrote:

I've now got an incoming number with voxbone, which I've allegedly set
up correctly on their site, of the form , and
also set up the DID forwarding.

However, when I call the number from either my Orange mobile or my
ex-NTL phone line, I get a number unobtainable signal.

I've got a Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT v23 SP2, and a Linksys PAP2T
(recently flashed with the latest firmware).

I can successfully make outgoing calls using voipcheap.co.uk

What have I configured incorrectly, or what have I not done?

Is your router set up to route port 5060 traffic to the PAP2T?

I'm wondering whether ex-NTL is blocking these ports for incoming traffic?

Could it also be that I'm using the [email protected] version of DD-WRT?

Is there a problem with using the {E164} syntax? should I use a prefix
or suffix (before the @)?

Thanks,

Ian
Old March 23rd 07, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

on 23/03/2007, Ian Richardson supposed :

Could it also be that I'm using the [email protected] version of DD-WRT?

Turn off all port forwarding if you're using the voip firmware of
DD-WRT. Took me aaaaaages to figure out why I was having issues like
one-way audio, when I'd installed the voip DD-WRT. Simply disabling ALL
(voip) port forwarding had the desired effect.

Old March 23rd 07, 08:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Richardson

Jono wrote:
on 23/03/2007, Ian Richardson supposed :

Could it also be that I'm using the [email protected] version of DD-WRT?

Turn off all port forwarding if you're using the voip firmware of
DD-WRT. Took me aaaaaages to figure out why I was having issues like
one-way audio, when I'd installed the voip DD-WRT. Simply disabling ALL
(voip) port forwarding had the desired effect.

That doesn't seem correct to me, not that turning off all the port
forwarding made any difference.

Do I have to set up a user id on the Linksys PAP2T, and then alter the
DID with voxbone.com so it's sip:userid{E164}@ipaddress ? Can I just
get away with no user id and stick to a DID of sip:{E164}@ipaddress
(which is what I'm currently trying to use)?

Thanks,

Ian
Old March 23rd 07, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Ian Richardson was thinking very hard :
Jono wrote:
on 23/03/2007, Ian Richardson supposed :

Could it also be that I'm using the [email protected] version of DD-WRT?

Turn off all port forwarding if you're using the voip firmware of
DD-WRT. Took me aaaaaages to figure out why I was having issues like
one-way audio, when I'd installed the voip DD-WRT. Simply disabling ALL
(voip) port forwarding had the desired effect.

That doesn't seem correct to me, not that turning off all the port
forwarding made any difference.

Do I have to set up a user id on the Linksys PAP2T, and then alter the
DID with voxbone.com so it's sip:userid{E164}@ipaddress ? Can I just
get away with no user id and stick to a DID of sip:{E164}@ipaddress
(which is what I'm currently trying to use)?

Correct or not, I had no end of trouble with connection issues when I
first installed the DD-WRT firmware. I decided to start from scratch &
discovered to my astonishment that everything worked perfectly with no
port forwarding in place.

One thing I guessed at was what to enter in the Administration /
Management page under SIPatH. I plumped for the IP address of my device
& port 5060.

Old March 23rd 07, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Richardson

Jono wrote:
Ian Richardson was thinking very hard :

snip

Do I have to set up a user id on the Linksys PAP2T, and then alter the
DID with voxbone.com so it's sip:userid{E164}@ipaddress ? Can I just
get away with no user id and stick to a DID of sip:{E164}@ipaddress
(which is what I'm currently trying to use)?

Can someone confirm whether the DID is right or not?

Correct or not, I had no end of trouble with connection issues when I
first installed the DD-WRT firmware. I decided to start from scratch &
discovered to my astonishment that everything worked perfectly with no
port forwarding in place.

OK, I've turned off port forwarding. uPnP is now off, too.

One thing I guessed at was what to enter in the Administration /
Management page under SIPatH. I plumped for the IP address of my device
& port 5060.

....which I've also just done, and rebooted the router. No change.

I don't know if the problem is with the router or the DID, or even the
ISP. Perhaps I've got to enable something in the PAP2T?

Any more hints?

Thanks,

Ian
Old March 24th 07, 12:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

Ian Richardson wrote:
I've now got an incoming number with voxbone, which I've allegedly set
up correctly on their site, of the form , and
also set up the DID forwarding.

However, when I call the number from either my Orange mobile or my
ex-NTL phone line, I get a number unobtainable signal.

What number range is it, please? Does it work from BT Retail?
Old March 24th 07, 08:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Richardson

Paul Cupis wrote:
Ian Richardson wrote:
I've now got an incoming number with voxbone, which I've allegedly set
up correctly on their site, of the form , and
also set up the DID forwarding.

However, when I call the number from either my Orange mobile or my
ex-NTL phone line, I get a number unobtainable signal.

What number range is it, please? Does it work from BT Retail?

It begins +44 1223 85 8

I've not tried from a BT line, though...

Thanks,

Ian