ATA advice

Old March 22nd 07, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
acdeag

Default ATA advice

I am looking for an ATA where I can have 2 VOIP lines and a POTS connection
(1 FXO and 2 FXS connections). I know you can have one VOIP line and a POTS
connection.

Does such a device exist?

Old March 22nd 07, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

acdeag expressed precisely :
I am looking for an ATA where I can have 2 VOIP lines and a POTS connection
(1 FXO and 2 FXS connections). I know you can have one VOIP line and a POTS
connection.

Does such a device exist?

Fritz!box range would be a good place to start

Old March 22nd 07, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2007-03-22, acdeag wrote:

I am looking for an ATA where I can have 2 VOIP lines and a POTS connection
(1 FXO and 2 FXS connections). I know you can have one VOIP line and a POTS
connection.

Does such a device exist?

You'll get what you want, and more, with these:

Zyxel Prestige 2602HWL
Billion 7402VGP
Zyxel 2002L

Brian.
Old March 23rd 07, 01:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"acdeag" wrote in message

I am looking for an ATA where I can have 2 VOIP lines and
a POTS connection (1 FXO and 2 FXS connections). I know
you can have one VOIP line and a POTS connection.

Does such a device exist?

Any of the Fritz!Box range (www.avm.de/en) - depending on model, 2 or 3
phone ports, up to 10 SIP accounts and a POTS connection.

Ivor

Old March 23rd 07, 07:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

On 2007-03-22, acdeag wrote:

I am looking for an ATA where I can have 2 VOIP lines and a POTS
connection
(1 FXO and 2 FXS connections). I know you can have one VOIP line and a
POTS
connection.

Does such a device exist?

You'll get what you want, and more, with these:

Zyxel Prestige 2602HWL
Billion 7402VGP
Zyxel 2002L

Brian.

Are these imports reliable? I had a look at them and decided that I
couldn't take the risk.

Old March 23rd 07, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 23:22:15 +0000 (UTC), Brian

On 2007-03-22, acdeag wrote:

I am looking for an ATA where I can have 2 VOIP lines and a POTS connection
(1 FXO and 2 FXS connections). I know you can have one VOIP line and a POTS
connection.

Does such a device exist?

You'll get what you want, and more, with these:

Zyxel Prestige 2602HWL
Billion 7402VGP
Zyxel 2002L

Brian.

Afaik, please correct me if I am wrong, the Zyxel devices only have
fallback / possible manual gateway selection to PSTN and not an
automatic selection by means of the number dialled.
For example, with a Fritzbox, or Sipura 3000/3102, a dialled number
type can automatically be routed via PSTN, no need to select PSTN
first and then dial a number. Afaik this facility isn't available on
the Zyxel - is it? I don't know about the Billion.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old March 23rd 07, 11:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2007-03-23, Herman wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
You'll get what you want, and more, with these:

Zyxel Prestige 2602HWL
Billion 7402VGP
Zyxel 2002L

Brian.

Are these imports reliable? I had a look at them and decided that I
couldn't take the risk.

I haven't the foggiest. Reliabilty comments would have to come from
someone who has used any of them. The OP could make a start by comparing
the 2002L and the Fritz!Box Fon ATA to see whether they suit her needs.
Both are sold by reputable traders.

Brian.
Old March 23rd 07, 11:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2007-03-23, Brian A wrote:

Afaik, please correct me if I am wrong, the Zyxel devices only have
fallback / possible manual gateway selection to PSTN and not an
automatic selection by means of the number dialled.
For example, with a Fritzbox, or Sipura 3000/3102, a dialled number
type can automatically be routed via PSTN, no need to select PSTN
first and then dial a number. Afaik this facility isn't available on
the Zyxel - is it? I don't know about the Billion.

I'm in no position to correct you as I did not read the Zyxel manual,
but from its specifications I think you have it right.

As a matter of interest: if a number is designated as being routed to
the PSTN with the Fritzbox or Sipura does that mean it cannot be routed
via a VoIP line without changing the configuration?

Brian.
Old March 23rd 07, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Brian presented the following explanation :

As a matter of interest: if a number is designated as being routed to
the PSTN with the Fritzbox or Sipura does that mean it cannot be routed
via a VoIP line without changing the configuration?

From the SPA3X0X's perspective, you can programme the dial plan to
automatically route calls that match a particular format ie. 08x. would
match all numbers, of any length beginning 08 which you could
automatically route over the PSTN. However, it is also possible to,
say, make it send calls that match 908x. over voip, essentially by
prefixing the call, in this instance with a 9.

Old March 23rd 07, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2007-03-23, Jono wrote:

Brian presented the following explanation :

As a matter of interest: if a number is designated as being routed to
the PSTN with the Fritzbox or Sipura does that mean it cannot be routed
via a VoIP line without changing the configuration?

From the SPA3X0X's perspective, you can programme the dial plan to
automatically route calls that match a particular format ie. 08x. would
match all numbers, of any length beginning 08 which you could
automatically route over the PSTN. However, it is also possible to,
say, make it send calls that match 908x. over voip, essentially by
prefixing the call, in this instance with a 9.

I think what the Zyxel does is automatically send all calls out on the
VoIP line. If you want 08x to go over the PSTN the number is prefixed.
This approach doesn't appear significantly different from the SPA's when
it comes to choosing either a VoIP or PSTN line.

Brian.