# For An "Outside Line"

Old March 23rd 07, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

Default # For An "Outside Line"

As part of my SPA 3102 dialling plan I have

S0#:@gw0

This, as I understand it, will select my BT line instead of my VOIP line.

Is this correct and is # a good choice?

Old March 23rd 07, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Port Admiral Haynes explained :
As part of my SPA 3102 dialling plan I have

S0#:@gw0

This, as I understand it, will select my BT line instead of my VOIP line.

Is this correct and is # a good choice?

Why not?

However, if you use something like this: #,:xx.:@gw0 you will get a
second dial tone after pressing #

Old March 23rd 07, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Port Admiral Haynes explained :
As part of my SPA 3102 dialling plan I have

S0#:@gw0

This, as I understand it, will select my BT line instead of my VOIP line.

Is this correct and is # a good choice?

Why not?

However, if you use something like this: #,:xx.:@gw0 you will get a
second dial tone after pressing #

Many thanks. I was worried that if I was on a call where I have to "enter
your pin number and then press the # key" that the VOIP line would be
dropped and I would be transferred to my BT line.

Old March 23rd 07, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

on 23/03/2007, Port Admiral Haynes supposed :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Port Admiral Haynes explained :
As part of my SPA 3102 dialling plan I have

S0#:@gw0

This, as I understand it, will select my BT line instead of my VOIP line.

Is this correct and is # a good choice?

Why not?

However, if you use something like this: #,:xx.:@gw0 you will get a
second dial tone after pressing #

Many thanks. I was worried that if I was on a call where I have to "enter
your pin number and then press the # key" that the VOIP line would be dropped
and I would be transferred to my BT line.

No, you won't have a problem. The SPA only recognises it as a switch
/before/ it dials a number.

By way of illustration, I can dial # to connect directly to my PSTN,
however, whilst in a call that's going through my Asterisk PBX,
dialling # will allow me to transfer a call.