Injunction in Vonage patent row

Old March 23rd 07, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
^^artnada^^

Default Injunction in Vonage patent row

"A US judge has banned internet phone firm Vonage from using technology
patents owned by rival Verizon after it was found to have infringed its
rights.
A permanent injunction was issued on Vonage using the technology to connect
users to landline phones but it was stayed for two weeks pending an appeal."

Possibly bad news for us Vonage users then.

Old March 24th 07, 08:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
^^artnada^^

Flumbo" "=?x-user-defined?Q? @ ?= wrote:
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 18:22:39 GMT, ^^artnada^^ wrote:

Possibly bad news for us Vonage users then.

Quote from the report:
"Vonage shares dropped 6% on the news of the injunction..."

Only 6% drop? It doesn't sound to me like the market has taken it as a
death knell.

6% can mean millions of dollars wiped of share values, plus with thier debts
and the %3 million fine, doesn't sound too good to me.

Old March 24th 07, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Flumbo wrote:

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 18:22:39 GMT, ^^artnada^^ wrote:

Possibly bad news for us Vonage users then.

Quote from the report:
"Vonage shares dropped 6% on the news of the injunction..."

Only 6% drop? It doesn't sound to me like the market has taken it as a
death knell.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=VG&t=5d&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

Looks like slightly more than 6% to me!

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
10:37:58 up 29 days, 14:51, 2 users, load average: 0.54, 0.33, 0.21