Fritz box

Old March 25th 07, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Default Fritz box

Hi,

Is there any way to make the fritz box to ignore the first 4 digits a
telephone connected up to the fritz box dials. The reason I ask is that the
phone I have is pre-set to Austrian Telecom so it dials out '1001' in front
of every telephone number!!

Can you do that in the dialling rules?

Any ideas.

Thank-you.

Nigel

--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Old March 25th 07, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Nigel" wrote in message

Hi,

Is there any way to make the fritz box to ignore the
first 4 digits a telephone connected up to the fritz box
dials. The reason I ask is that the phone I have is
pre-set to Austrian Telecom so it dials out '1001' in
front of every telephone number!!
Can you do that in the dialling rules?

Use another phone..?! Not sure if you can do what you ask, never had a
need to do it, but I'll have a play.

Ivor

Old March 26th 07, 06:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Use another phone..?! .

Hi,

I know I should really buy another phone but the nearest elec shop is quite
far. I know I shouldn't live in the mopuntains!!So I am just checking befoe
I buy another one to see if it is possible.

Not sure if you can do what you ask, never had a need to do it, but I'll
have a play

Thanks for that. It doen't help when the box I have a 7170 has all the menus
in German! but I am gradually finding my way around it. So far it is
excellent. Although one problem I have is when a call rings on my cordless
phone ( on a sipgate number) it will only ring if it is on the base! I will
have to try and play with it further.

Nigel

Old March 26th 07, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Nigel" wrote in message
Hi,

Is there any way to make the fritz box to ignore the first 4 digits a
telephone connected up to the fritz box dials. The reason I ask is that
the
phone I have is pre-set to Austrian Telecom so it dials out '1001' in
front
of every telephone number!!

Can you do that in the dialling rules?

Any ideas.

Thank-you.

Nigel

--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

In my 7050 you can do it the other way round and specify prefixes via
landline. So for example, I have used it in the past to add dialcodes or
141 to numbers dialled across the landline.

If you are actually wanting to put these numbers across VoIP, then I suggest
you use Voxalot to scrub the dialstring. I do this for various calls where
I want to change the dialstring, but it can be difficult to maintain two
sets of dialling rules.
HTH

Herman

Old March 26th 07, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

In my 7050 you can do it the other way round and specify prefixes via
landline. So for example, I have used it in the past to add dialcodes or
141 to numbers dialled across the landline.

If you are actually wanting to put these numbers across VoIP, then I suggest
you use Voxalot to scrub the dialstring. I do this for various calls where
I want to change the dialstring, but it can be difficult to maintain two
sets of dialling rules.
HTH

Herman

Yes I had the same thought.
If you use Voxalot there are different ways in which you can set the
dial plan.
If ALL your numbers are preceeded by 4 non-required digits (in your
case1001) then, in the Voxalot dial plan, you could put this in the
replacement
${EXTEN:4}
and the dial pattern can be simply:-
_1001XX.

All numbers received will be expected to start with 1001 and those
same 4 digits will be chopped off.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old March 26th 07, 11:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Brian A" wrote in message
and the dial pattern can be simply:-
_1001XX.

The dot at the end of the dial pattern being the all-important wildcard
(missed that loads of times)

Old March 27th 07, 08:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Thanks for that.

I have just signed up for Voxalot and I will ahve a go at setting it up.
However it would be good to be able to set a call rule like that in my fritz
box.

Does any one know of a Fritz box forum -in German or English?

Thanks

Nigel

Old March 27th 07, 03:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Hi,

After trying various setting in th box I've solved the problem. You can do
it with the country call setting.

Thanks for all your help.

Nigel

Old March 27th 07, 03:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Nigel" wrote in message
Hi,

After trying various setting in th box I've solved the problem. You can do
it with the country call setting.

Thanks for all your help.

Nigel

Good thinking Batman! Hadn't thought of that!

Old March 28th 07, 06:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Nigel" wrote in message
Hi,

After trying various setting in th box I've solved the problem. You can do
it with the country call setting.

Nigel
Fine that uou solved the problem ...
It would be nice to share the solution ...
Philippe