A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) (uk.telecom.voip) Discussion of topics relevant to packet based voice technologies including Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN) as well as service providers, hardware and software for use with these technologies. Advertising is not allowed.

"Good Morning / Good afternoon" in Asterisk



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 26th 07, 01:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 141
Default "Good Morning / Good afternoon" in Asterisk

Hi,

I'd like to be able to record a "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon" and
"Good Evening" greeting to play to callers on the asterisk pbx?

Is this easy? Has anyone achieved this?

Can someone point to some suitable information?

Many thanks

Matthew

  #2  
Old March 26th 07, 02:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Desk Rabbit
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 169
Default "Good Morning / Good afternoon" in Asterisk

Matt wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to be able to record a "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon" and
"Good Evening" greeting to play to callers on the asterisk pbx?

Is this easy? Has anyone achieved this?

Can someone point to some suitable information?

Many thanks

Matthew

Hmm.. lets try Google with the search recording sounds for asterisk

Oh look! First hit! http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sound+files
  #3  
Old March 26th 07, 02:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 64
Default "Good Morning / Good afternoon" in Asterisk

In article ,
Desk Rabbit wrote:
Matt wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to be able to record a "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon" and
"Good Evening" greeting to play to callers on the asterisk pbx?

Is this easy? Has anyone achieved this?

Can someone point to some suitable information?

Many thanks

Matthew

Hmm.. lets try Google with the search recording sounds for asterisk

Oh look! First hit! http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sound+files


I'm suspecting the OP actually wanted to playback those files based on
the time of day rather than the mechanics of recording them... If this
is the case, lookup the GotoIfTime application:

dsx*CLI show application GotoIfTime
-= Info about application 'GotoIfTime' =-

[Synopsis]
Conditional Goto based on the current time

[Description]
GotoIfTime(times|weekdays|mdays|months?[[context|]exten|]priority):
This application will set the context, extension, and priority in
the channel structure if the current time matches the given time
specification. Otherwise, nothing is done. Further information on
the time specification can be found in examples illustrating how to do
time-based context includes in the dialplan. If the target jump location
is bogus, Asterisk will respond as outlined in Goto.

See also page 105 of the Asterisk - The Future of Telephony book. (Free
to download now, just google for it)


Gordon
  #4  
Old March 26th 07, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 141
Default "Good Morning / Good afternoon" in Asterisk

On Mar 26, 2:27 pm, (Gordon Henderson) wrote:
In article ,
Desk Rabbit wrote:



Matt wrote:
Hi,


I'd like to be able to record a "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon" and
"Good Evening" greeting to play to callers on the asterisk pbx?


Is this easy? Has anyone achieved this?


Can someone point to some suitable information?


Many thanks


Matthew


Hmm.. lets try Google with the search recording sounds for asterisk


Oh look! First hit!http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sound+files


I'm suspecting the OP actually wanted to playback those files based on
the time of day rather than the mechanics of recording them... If this
is the case, lookup the GotoIfTime application:

dsx*CLI show application GotoIfTime
-= Info about application 'GotoIfTime' =-

[Synopsis]
Conditional Goto based on the current time

[Description]
GotoIfTime(times|weekdays|mdays|months?[[context|]exten|]priority):
This application will set the context, extension, and priority in
the channel structure if the current time matches the given time
specification. Otherwise, nothing is done. Further information on
the time specification can be found in examples illustrating how to do
time-based context includes in the dialplan. If the target jump location
is bogus, Asterisk will respond as outlined in Goto.

See also page 105 of the Asterisk - The Future of Telephony book. (Free
to download now, just google for it)

Gordon


Thanks Gordon, you got it right!

I'll go and find the book now....

Many thanks


Matthew

  #5  
Old March 26th 07, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 141
Default "Good Morning / Good afternoon" in Asterisk

On Mar 26, 2:47 pm, "Matt" wrote:
On Mar 26, 2:27 pm, (Gordon Henderson) wrote:



In article ,
Desk Rabbit wrote:


Matt wrote:
Hi,


I'd like to be able to record a "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon" and
"Good Evening" greeting to play to callers on the asterisk pbx?


Is this easy? Has anyone achieved this?


Can someone point to some suitable information?


Many thanks


Matthew


Hmm.. lets try Google with the search recording sounds for asterisk


Oh look! First hit!http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sound+files


I'm suspecting the OP actually wanted to playback those files based on
the time of day rather than the mechanics of recording them... If this
is the case, lookup the GotoIfTime application:


dsx*CLI show application GotoIfTime
-= Info about application 'GotoIfTime' =-


[Synopsis]
Conditional Goto based on the current time


[Description]
GotoIfTime(times|weekdays|mdays|months?[[context|]exten|]priority):
This application will set the context, extension, and priority in
the channel structure if the current time matches the given time
specification. Otherwise, nothing is done. Further information on
the time specification can be found in examples illustrating how to do
time-based context includes in the dialplan. If the target jump location
is bogus, Asterisk will respond as outlined in Goto.


See also page 105 of the Asterisk - The Future of Telephony book. (Free
to download now, just google for it)


Gordon


Thanks Gordon, you got it right!

I'll go and find the book now....

Many thanks

Matthew


Replying to my own message...

Is there an easy way to implement this with freepbx or trixbox?

Thanks again,


Matthew

  #6  
Old March 26th 07, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 64
Default "Good Morning / Good afternoon" in Asterisk

In article .com,
Matt wrote:

Thanks Gordon, you got it right!

I'll go and find the book now....

Many thanks

Matthew


Replying to my own message...

Is there an easy way to implement this with freepbx or trixbox?


I don't use either, but I'm led to belive that FreePBX takes over all
the config files - I don't know if it has any mechamisms to let you
add your own custom stuff to it - best to ask on one of the trixbox or
freepbx forums..

Gordon
  #7  
Old March 26th 07, 03:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 64
Default "Good Morning / Good afternoon" in Asterisk

Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article .com,
Matt wrote:
Thanks Gordon, you got it right!

I'll go and find the book now....

Many thanks

Matthew

Replying to my own message...

Is there an easy way to implement this with freepbx or trixbox?


I don't use either, but I'm led to belive that FreePBX takes over all
the config files - I don't know if it has any mechamisms to let you
add your own custom stuff to it - best to ask on one of the trixbox or
freepbx forums..

Gordon


freePBX/trixbox will allow you to create custom settings files. Where
the normal Asterisk config files are called things like extensions.conf
and sip.conf, FreePBX/Trixbox allows the use of files called (for
example) extensions_custom.conf and sip_custom.conf. These can be
edited without being overwritten by FreePBX.

The non-custom config files are overwritten every time you click the red
bar in freepbx.

cheers,
Paul.
  #8  
Old March 26th 07, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Desk Rabbit
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 169
Default "Good Morning / Good afternoon" in Asterisk

Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article ,
Desk Rabbit wrote:
Matt wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to be able to record a "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon" and
"Good Evening" greeting to play to callers on the asterisk pbx?

Is this easy? Has anyone achieved this?

Can someone point to some suitable information?

Many thanks

Matthew

Hmm.. lets try Google with the search recording sounds for asterisk

Oh look! First hit! http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sound+files


I'm suspecting the OP actually wanted to playback those files based on
the time of day rather than the mechanics of recording them...


So why did he write "I'd like to be able to record a "Good Morning",
"Good Afternoon" and "Good Evening" greeting" instead of "I want to
playback recordings at specific times of the day like "Good
Morning"???????????????????????????

FFS!
  #9  
Old March 26th 07, 04:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 141
Default "Good Morning / Good afternoon" in Asterisk

On Mar 26, 4:04 pm, Desk Rabbit wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article ,
Desk Rabbit wrote:
Matt wrote:
Hi,


I'd like to be able to record a "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon" and
"Good Evening" greeting to play to callers on the asterisk pbx?


Is this easy? Has anyone achieved this?


Can someone point to some suitable information?


Many thanks


Matthew


Hmm.. lets try Google with the search recording sounds for asterisk


Oh look! First hit!http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sound+files


I'm suspecting the OP actually wanted to playback those files based on
the time of day rather than the mechanics of recording them...


So why did he write "I'd like to be able to record a "Good Morning",
"Good Afternoon" and "Good Evening" greeting" instead of "I want to
playback recordings at specific times of the day like "Good
Morning"???????????????????????????

FFS!


One of those instances where it sounded ok when I read it back, but to
others it meant something else.

  #10  
Old March 26th 07, 04:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Desk Rabbit
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 169
Default "Good Morning / Good afternoon" in Asterisk

Matt wrote:
On Mar 26, 2:47 pm, "Matt" wrote:
On Mar 26, 2:27 pm, (Gordon Henderson) wrote:



In article ,
Desk Rabbit wrote:
Matt wrote:
Hi,
I'd like to be able to record a "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon" and
"Good Evening" greeting to play to callers on the asterisk pbx?
Is this easy? Has anyone achieved this?
Can someone point to some suitable information?
Many thanks
Matthew
Hmm.. lets try Google with the search recording sounds for asterisk
Oh look! First hit!http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sound+files
I'm suspecting the OP actually wanted to playback those files based on
the time of day rather than the mechanics of recording them... If this
is the case, lookup the GotoIfTime application:
dsx*CLI show application GotoIfTime
-= Info about application 'GotoIfTime' =-
[Synopsis]
Conditional Goto based on the current time
[Description]
GotoIfTime(times|weekdays|mdays|months?[[context|]exten|]priority):
This application will set the context, extension, and priority in
the channel structure if the current time matches the given time
specification. Otherwise, nothing is done. Further information on
the time specification can be found in examples illustrating how to do
time-based context includes in the dialplan. If the target jump location
is bogus, Asterisk will respond as outlined in Goto.
See also page 105 of the Asterisk - The Future of Telephony book. (Free
to download now, just google for it)
Gordon

Thanks Gordon, you got it right!

I'll go and find the book now....

Many thanks

Matthew


Replying to my own message...

Is there an easy way to implement this with freepbx or trixbox?


Assuming you are asking this question and not something completely
different.....;-)

In FreePBX you need to look at Time Conditions & Announcments.

You will need to daisy chain the Time Conditions to achieve what you
want. i.e 1 for AM with a failover to PM if it doesn't match.

IMHO the Time Conditions in Asterisk and Freepbx are a nightmare and
best avoided if it can be helped.

 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPEWS SLIMES "WindsorFox", "Kevin-!:?)", "Spin Dryer" get the cold shoulder at broadband ng! SneakyP uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 0 November 29th 05 11:46 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good rhyzome uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 0 April 22nd 05 11:07 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.