Skype prime availability

Old March 28th 07, 01:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick Kew

Default Skype prime availability

Someone in another group suggested "skype prime" might meet
my needs, but that appears to be labelled as a "beta".
Coincidentally, I also need a new land-line 'phone.

Looking on the 'net, I find various skype phones and dual-use
phones. How do I find out whether any of these 'phones support
the "skype prime" services?

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/
Old March 28th 07, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 01:06:44 +0100, Nick Kew
wrote:

Someone in another group suggested "skype prime" might meet
my needs, but that appears to be labelled as a "beta".
Coincidentally, I also need a new land-line 'phone.

Looking on the 'net, I find various skype phones and dual-use
phones. How do I find out whether any of these 'phones support
the "skype prime" services?

Aside from Skype Prime what were your needs? You might get some other
suggestions here.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old March 28th 07, 12:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2007-03-28, Nick Kew wrote:

Someone in another group suggested "skype prime" might meet
my needs, but that appears to be labelled as a "beta".
Coincidentally, I also need a new land-line 'phone.

Looking on the 'net, I find various skype phones and dual-use
phones. How do I find out whether any of these 'phones support
the "skype prime" services?

This new service from Skype requires a version of the software from 3.1
onwards so a phone would have that version installed. Finding out for
sure whether Skype Prime is supported or is planned to be supported may
be a matter of contacting the manufacturers. I am unaware of any site
which lists the phones which are capable of being upgraded.

Brian.
Old March 28th 07, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

wrote:

Someone in another group suggested "skype prime" might meet
my needs, but that appears to be labelled as a "beta".
Coincidentally, I also need a new land-line 'phone.

Looking on the 'net, I find various skype phones and dual-use
phones. How do I find out whether any of these 'phones support
the "skype prime" services?

Aside from Skype Prime what were your needs? You might get some other
suggestions here.

International premium rate.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
15:28:39 up 33 days, 18:42, 2 users, load average: 0.27, 0.26, 0.19