Fritz box

Old March 28th 07, 08:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Default Fritz box

Sorry another couple of questions about the box:-

Is there a way to limit the bandwidth you want one of the LAN socket to
use?? say 256Kb for Lan socket B?

Is the firewall switched on even though I am not using the box as a modem?
If it is not will I be liable to attacks form the internet. I have a
firewall in my computer but not in the cable modem.

Thanks

Nigel

--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Old March 28th 07, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:46:11 +0200, "Nigel" wrote:

Sorry another couple of questions about the box:-

Is there a way to limit the bandwidth you want one of the LAN socket to
use?? say 256Kb for Lan socket B?

Is the firewall switched on even though I am not using the box as a modem?
If it is not will I be liable to attacks form the internet. I have a
firewall in my computer but not in the cable modem.

Afaik it is a modem/router. So if you are using LAN 1 to connect from
a cable modem you are still using the router part and thus the
firewall.
There is a QoS to faciltate good voip quality but they don't call it
that. I haven't read anything about shaping the bandwidth to any
particular port.
I don't have a Fritzbox but, because I have considered buying one, I
have read quite a lot of the manual.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.