Linksys PAP2T - calling out on line 2 from line 1

Old March 28th 07, 01:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Richardson

Default Linksys PAP2T - calling out on line 2 from line 1

How can I configure a Linksys PAP2T and/or dial a prefix on a phone
connected to Line 1 such that an outgoing call goes out on Line 2?

I've just set up voiptalk.org successfully for incoming and outgoing
calls (at ****ing last!), after being ditched by voxbone as they don't
support personal customers. However, I'd like to use voipcheap.co.uk for
outgoing calls.

I've configured line 2 for this. How can I use it from a phone connected
on Line 1?

Thanks,

Ian
Old March 28th 07, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Ian Richardson wrote:
How can I configure a Linksys PAP2T and/or dial a prefix on a phone
connected to Line 1 such that an outgoing call goes out on Line 2?

I've just set up voiptalk.org successfully for incoming and outgoing
calls (at ****ing last!), after being ditched by voxbone as they don't
support personal customers. However, I'd like to use voipcheap.co.uk
for outgoing calls.

I've configured line 2 for this. How can I use it from a phone
connected on Line 1?

Thanks,

Ian

With a PAP2 it is two separate lines.

Old March 28th 07, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 28 Mar, 15:30, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:
Ian Richardson wrote:
How can I configure a Linksys PAP2T and/or dial a prefix on a phone
connected to Line 1 such that an outgoing call goes out on Line 2?

I've just set up voiptalk.org successfully for incoming and outgoing
calls (at ****ing last!), after being ditched by voxbone as they don't
support personal customers. However, I'd like to use voipcheap.co.uk
for outgoing calls.

snip

With a PAP2 it is two separate lines.

Would I be able to configure my account with voiptalk.org in some way
(and if so, how?), or could I configure the PAP2T such that Line 1 can
call out via voipcheap.co.uk and take incoming calls via voiptalk.org?

Thanks,

Ian

Old March 28th 07, 05:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dick Dash

Configure Line 1 with your voipcheap.co.uk sip settings and configure Line 2
with your voiptalk.org sip settings. simple no great mystery there.
wrote in message
ups.com...

Old March 28th 07, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Richardson

Dick Dash wrote:
Configure Line 1 with your voipcheap.co.uk sip settings and configure Line 2
with your voiptalk.org sip settings. simple no great mystery there.

....but I only want to use one phone line socket on the back of the
PAP2T. Will this work?

Thanks,

Ian
Old March 28th 07, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 28 Mar 2007 08:27:37 -0700,
wrote:

On 28 Mar, 15:30, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:
Ian Richardson wrote:
How can I configure a Linksys PAP2T and/or dial a prefix on a phone
connected to Line 1 such that an outgoing call goes out on Line 2?

I've just set up voiptalk.org successfully for incoming and outgoing
calls (at ****ing last!), after being ditched by voxbone as they don't
support personal customers. However, I'd like to use voipcheap.co.uk
for outgoing calls.

snip

With a PAP2 it is two separate lines.

Would I be able to configure my account with voiptalk.org in some way
(and if so, how?), or could I configure the PAP2T such that Line 1 can
call out via voipcheap.co.uk and take incoming calls via voiptalk.org?

Thanks,

Ian

You can't do a mix of providers on any one line.
To do what you want to do check out Voxalot.
Set up Voxalot for one of your PAP2 lines. Then set up Voxalot with
the incoming and outgoing providers of your choice.
When setting up make sure that the provider(s) that you want to be
incoming are set to 'register'.
There are tutorials now on the Voxalot site but, if after reading
them, you have further queries, you can always come back here with
further questions.
I use Voxalot as my main provider and I have found the Europe server
to be very reliable. It also means that you can have one voice mailbox
even if you have several registered incoming lines.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old March 28th 07, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Ian Richardson wrote:
Dick Dash wrote:
Configure Line 1 with your voipcheap.co.uk sip settings and
configure Line 2 with your voiptalk.org sip settings. simple no
great mystery there.

...but I only want to use one phone line socket on the back of the
PAP2T. Will this work?

Thanks,

Ian

The PAP2 has two separate lines.

Account 1 on line 1 and account 2 on line 2.

It is a two line device.

Win Amazon Vouchers:
http://www.wabbadabba.com/join.aspx?friend=4I9Q6C6X3477

Old March 28th 07, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} explained on 28/03/2007 :
Ian Richardson wrote:
Dick Dash wrote:
Configure Line 1 with your voipcheap.co.uk sip settings and
configure Line 2 with your voiptalk.org sip settings. simple no
great mystery there.

...but I only want to use one phone line socket on the back of the
PAP2T. Will this work?

Thanks,

Ian

The PAP2 has two separate lines.

Account 1 on line 1 and account 2 on line 2.

It is a two line device.

Unless it's flashed with the SPA1001 firmware.....

Old March 28th 07, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Ian Richardson wrote:
Dick Dash wrote:
Configure Line 1 with your voipcheap.co.uk sip settings and
configure Line 2 with your voiptalk.org sip settings. simple no
great mystery there.

...but I only want to use one phone line socket on the back of the
PAP2T. Will this work?

Thanks,

Ian

The PAP2 has two separate lines.

Account 1 on line 1 and account 2 on line 2.

It is a two line device.

Unless it's flashed with the SPA1001 firmware.....

Yes, that can be done, though the LEDs stop functioning, OK if you don't
mind the slight problems.

Old March 28th 07, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Brian A" wrote in message
On 28 Mar 2007 08:27:37 -0700,
wrote:

On 28 Mar, 15:30, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:
Ian Richardson wrote:
[...]

Remember though that none of the Betamax companies work over Voxalot now -
confirmed from two sources.