Sorry -another fritzbox question!!

Old March 29th 07, 01:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Default Sorry -another fritzbox question!!

Hi,

When I open my fritz box interface I have the message that I have news in my
mail-box. I have collected the messages but the message is still there. Is
there any way to get rid of it or stop it checking it.

thanks

Nigel
--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Old March 29th 07, 02:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Nigel" wrote in message

Hi,

When I open my fritz box interface I have the message
that I have news in my mail-box. I have collected the
messages but the message is still there. Is there any way
to get rid of it or stop it checking it.

Have you asked AVM..? Sounds like it might be a firmware bug..?

Ivor

Old March 30th 07, 08:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Another question- I use one provider to dial out but I use another provider
for incoming calls, with the Fritzbox is it possible so that when the other
party telephone rings it shows the incoming number not the number I am using
to dial out with.! I dial out with voipstunt but I use a sipgate number for
people to dial me.

Does that make sense.

Thanks

Nigel

Old March 30th 07, 03:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Nigel" wrote in message

Another question- I use one provider to dial out but I
use another provider for incoming calls, with the
Fritzbox is it possible so that when the other party
telephone rings it shows the incoming number not the
number I am using to dial out with.! I dial out with
voipstunt but I use a sipgate number for people to dial
me.
Does that make sense.

All the SIP accounts on a Fritz!Box are independent of one another except
for the fact that they may ring the same phone. When you call out, the
number of the line you are calling out on will be presented, unless of
course you withhold it.

Ivor

Old March 30th 07, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

.................................................. .. When you call out,

the
number of the line you are calling out on will be presented, unless of
course you withhold it.

Which, if I understand you correctly means you can only present the number
of the line (account) you actually use to call out, ie you can not spoof the
CLI (or use one from another account)?

Nigels post had made me think that the Fritz!Box had yet another significant
advantage over my DrayTek 2800VG (no FXO ports and only 6 VoIP accounts).

Rob

Old March 30th 07, 04:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Rob" wrote in message

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

.................................................. ..
When you call out, the number of the line you are
calling out on will be presented, unless of course you
withhold it.

Which, if I understand you correctly means you can only
present the number of the line (account) you actually use
to call out, ie you can not spoof the CLI (or use one
from another account)?

That's correct. The accounts behave as if they were all on totally
separate ATA's, it's just that they can be made to ring the same phone
socket as another account, also the account used to call out can be set by
dialling rules. Not quite as sophisticated as a Sipura style dial plan,
but useful enough.

As I said, it's theoretically possible to forward calls from one line to
dial out on another, but I believe it is somewhat problematic, I've never
tried as I have no need for it.

Ivor

Old March 30th 07, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Nigel" wrote in message
Another question- I use one provider to dial out but I use another

provider
for incoming calls, with the Fritzbox is it possible so that when the

other
party telephone rings it shows the incoming number not the number I am

using
to dial out with.! I dial out with voipstunt but I use a sipgate number

for
people to dial me.

Yes and No
Betamax clones ALL allow you to "spoof" the CLI
However the number you want to use for CLI needs to be "controlled" by
Betamax (verification)
You van do this with the resp. betamax client (up to 5 numbers)
And you can set-up in your FritzBox which number to use. The number to use
MUST be one of the numbers you have registered via the software, otherwise
no number will be presented.

Mobile phones are verified via SMS: you need to enter the code (6
characters) received by SMS.
Landlines are verified by a call you receive: you just need to enter a code
(4 numbers) on your phone.

However (that's why I answered "Yes and No") not all Betamax clones allow
you to register landlines.
They ALL allow you to register mobile numbers, but only Voipcheap.com,
Voipbuster, Justvoip allows you to verify landlines (you need the Software
version 3.02, Build 424)
I guess it's a matter of days before the other Betamax clones get upgraded
to version 3.02, Build 424
Once upgraded, you will be able to register your Sipgate number, as outguing
CLI on your Voipstunt calls.

Trust this helps
Philippe

Old March 30th 07, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

After serious thinking Philippe Deleye wrote :
They ALL allow you to register mobile numbers, but only Voipcheap.com,
Voipbuster, Justvoip allows you to verify landlines (you need the Software
version 3.02, Build 424)

Thank you for that, Phillippe.

I have just had my 0870 number sucessfully verified. Very useful for
when I call the bank or Sky.

Old March 31st 07, 12:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀°dincÁs▓░░░

Recently, Ivor Jones popped out over the fence
around uk.telecom.voip and said...

|"Rob" wrote in message

| "Ivor Jones" wrote in message
|
| .................................................. ..
| When you call out, the number of the line you are
| calling out on will be presented, unless of course you
| withhold it.
|
| Which, if I understand you correctly means you can only
| present the number of the line (account) you actually use
| to call out, ie you can not spoof the CLI (or use one
| from another account)?
|
|That's correct. The accounts behave as if they were all on totally
|separate ATA's, it's just that they can be made to ring the same phone
|socket as another account, also the account used to call out can be set by
|dialling rules. Not quite as sophisticated as a Sipura style dial plan,
|but useful enough.
|
|As I said, it's theoretically possible to forward calls from one line to
|dial out on another, but I believe it is somewhat problematic, I've never
|tried as I have no need for it.
|
|Ivor

I am actually using my FritzBox to call in Italy from my UK mobile
phone when I'm not home.

I call my VoIP "home" number from my mobile: the FritzBox is set to
recognize my mobile number as the authorized call-through origin,
greets me with a dual-tone confirmation tone and awaits for my input.

Dialling "0" I am routed to the VoIP line of my choice (and in my case
is my Italian VoIP account) and I get the "invite to dial" tone.

All I have to do then is to dial an italian phone number (fixed or
mobile) and I'm calling Italy from my mobile at an unbeatable price!

My call from the mobile to home is in my inclusive minutes price plan,
as is my call on the italian VoIP line.

On top of that, if I simply want to speak with somebody at home,
dialling "1" or "2" instead of "0" I can make a call to the FritzBox
extension of my choice.

Pretty impressive, uh? Oh, and works like a charm. Every time.

--
▀°dincÁs▓░░░ - The Y2K Druid
Old March 31st 07, 07:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Thank you for that, Phillippe.

I have just had my 0870 number sucessfully verified. Very useful for
when I call the bank or Sky.

Hi, I'm not form the UK, that's maybe why I miss the point of the link
between verifying your 0870 number and calling then bank or Sky ??