[Here Goes] - 0845 Dial Through Access Numbers with Next Call Function

Old March 29th 07, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

Default [Here Goes] - 0845 Dial Through Access Numbers with Next Call Function

[Note: This is cross-posted because all user groups are likely to be
knowledgable about {different} dial through service]

===

Hi,

I am keen (very? keen) to know of any 0845 dial-through service access
numbers that have a next call function. I.e. for example a Telestunt or
Telediscount type international (actually national is most preferable but
both / any would be good - often in fact one that provides national also
provides international so it is all good!) dial through access number, that
also provides a facility to indicate during the current call to end the
current dialled number and give the prompt to enter a / the next number.

I.e. For example - Mr. Matey's Super Low Rate 0845 International Dialthrough
Service - on 0845 123123, where they provide instructions for placing second
and further calls whilst still on your original call to the access number -
such as when you have finished with your current call dial #### (or for
example *1) to get the prompt to dial another destination.

I hope someone is aware of such a service or can use some creative thinking
to advise of services that provide international dialthrough (or used to)
that support(ed) this second and further destination calling within the
first access number call, such that even if they no longer appear to provide
or advertise 0845 access numbers the use of something like www.archive.org
might prove revealing to find their old 0845 access number which still work.

I have found the old 0845 Telediscount / Telestunt access numbers which work
for a variety of destinations and support second and further calls during
the first access number call but only provided the remote hang-up and that
remote parties equipment supports full proper remote disconnect (i.e.
Telediscount / Telestunt do not appear to support or have a "code" to dial
to get back to the "dial your destination" prompt for dialling subsequent
destinations - thus without the code it is a bit hit and miss as to whether
you get to make any subsequent calls on the one connection).

I hope that makes some sense.

In short then, what might be useful or helpful would be (in order of
helpfulness / preference):

- list of 0845 dial through services with next call codes
- list of dial through services with next call codes (that do not appear
to use 0845 access numbers)
- list of 0845 dial through services which do not appear to provide /
use next call codes
- list of dial through services of any nature or manner (but not really
the "mobile dialthrough" services please) - their used to be a raft of
these - I can barely scratch the surface of my memory on these but the likes
of - www.telestunt.co.uk, www.telediscount.co.uk, www.ratebuster.co.uk,
etc., etc., - please list all you can.,

Many thanks in advance and all assistance and input is greatly appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old March 30th 07, 12:23 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip
andy

On Mar 29, 3:15 pm, "News Reader" wrote:
[...]

I can't answer much of that

on most providers you can press # for a follow-on call

many, but not quite all, providers are compared on

http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/

http://niftylist.co.uk/calls/

Old March 31st 07, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

.... hey ... not to worry. I couldn't determine much through a fairly
exhaustive search. So their probably or maybe is an operator out there that
has everything... but they are unknown, old, elusive, or less advertised,
etc.

I appreciate your help, thoughts and suggestions .

Thanks again and best wishes,

News Reader

Old April 1st 07, 04:47 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip
Mike

Default - 0844 Dial Through/From Sweden

Can any body assist with a dial through company from Sweden to UK
Uk to Sweden is 1/2 p. per. min.

I am looking for the same sort of thing ---this way.
A URL would be OK.
Mike

Who does not speak or read Swedish.So no Google then.

Old April 1st 07, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip
Dan

http://www.ring9533.com
http://www.rabattpriser.com
http://www.sveritel.com

--
Dan
Support for u.genie.co.uk email & dial-up, visit http://www.u.genie.btinternet.co.uk/

Old April 1st 07, 09:47 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip
andy

On Mar 31, 9:36 am, "News Reader" wrote:
"andy" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

News Reader- Hide quoted text -

I called via Budgetcom, Telesavers and several Telediscount 0845
numbers - 0845244x44x

Pressing # had no effect, but when the other end hung up, it returned
to the starting announcement anyway

Old April 3rd 07, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"andy" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 31, 9:36 am, "News Reader" wrote:
"andy" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Mar 29, 3:15 pm, "News Reader" wrote:
[Note: This is cross-posted because all user groups are likely to be
knowledgable about {different} dial through service]

SNIP

[...]

This is about as good as I have managed to find too .

It is nice when the remote party hanging up returns you to the announcement
but sadly it doesn't always work... depends on the system the remote party
is using / what type of exchange they are connected to ... etc. I.e.
sometimes you can be left connected listening to the remote party hung-up
tone followed by silence, followed by LOUD warning tone warble (and no
return to announcement)

There are definitely service providers out their with the follow on call
feature (where you dial a particular digit or string to return to the
announcement) - but I cannot find any of these on 0845 access numbers (or
find their old 0845 access numbers that are probably still live) - they all
seem to be the more modern 0844 type.

Still... all good / etc.

Thanks and all input welcomed.

Best wishes,