Anyone successfully passing caller ID info thru voip.co.uk

Old March 29th 07, 10:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linker3000

Default Anyone successfully passing caller ID info thru voip.co.uk

As per the title - has anyone managed to pass an allowed caller ID
string from a Trixbox extension out via voip.co.uk?

I am playing with a test Trixbox system hosting two phones and we want
each phone to present a different caller ID to the called party, but the
current voip.co.uk software seems to ignore this. Even withholding
caller ID would be OK but this does not happen even if you set it so
within your SIP accounts at voip.co.uk.

Anyone had more success than me?

Thanks.
Old March 30th 07, 08:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Linker3000 expressed precisely :
As per the title - has anyone managed to pass an allowed caller ID string
from a Trixbox extension out via voip.co.uk?

I am playing with a test Trixbox system hosting two phones and we want each
phone to present a different caller ID to the called party, but the current
voip.co.uk software seems to ignore this. Even withholding caller ID would be
OK but this does not happen even if you set it so within your SIP accounts at
voip.co.uk.

Anyone had more success than me?

Thanks.

Not tried with voip.co.uk, however, thanks to Philippe (for bringing to
my attention), I can now present ANY* of my numbers with Asterisk &
voipcheap.com

*0044870, 0049, 00441, 004479 are four I've set up so far.

Old March 30th 07, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Linker3000 expressed precisely :
As per the title - has anyone managed to pass an allowed caller ID string
from a Trixbox extension out via voip.co.uk?

I am playing with a test Trixbox system hosting two phones and we want
each phone to present a different caller ID to the called party, but the
current voip.co.uk software seems to ignore this. Even withholding caller
ID would be OK but this does not happen even if you set it so within your
SIP accounts at voip.co.uk.

Anyone had more success than me?

Thanks.

Not tried with voip.co.uk, however, thanks to Philippe (for bringing to my
attention), I can now present ANY* of my numbers with Asterisk &
voipcheap.com

*0044870, 0049, 00441, 004479 are four I've set up so far.

You have 00441 working over voipcheap? Please tell us more - I must have
missed that post.

Old March 31st 07, 12:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Herman wrote on 30/03/2007 :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Download the newest release of the voipcheap.com softfone.

Add your landline numbers, then run the verification process - your
landline will get a call which asks you to enter a 4 digit number that
is displayed on screen.

It doesn't seem to discriminate between numbers. I've set a couple of
UK numbers up, a German one & a UK 0870 number. I haven't tested what
the German one looks like as a presentaion number - I suspect it won't
be formatted correctly, at least for recipients of calls in the UK.

Old March 31st 07, 11:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

On Mar 31, 12:08 am, Jono wrote:
Herman wrote on 30/03/2007 :

"Jono" wrote in message
[...]

be formatted correctly, at least for recipients of calls in the UK.- Hide quoted text -

Cheers for the tip-off!

If I try to register an 08704xxxxx number I get an error from the
voipcheap software?

Has anyone else had this?

Thanks

Matthew

Old March 31st 07, 12:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

It doesn't seem to discriminate between numbers. I've set a couple of
UK numbers up, a German one & a UK 0870 number. I haven't tested what
the German one looks like as a presentaion number - I suspect it won't
be formatted correctly, at least for recipients of calls in the UK.- Hide
quoted text -

Cheers for the tip-off!

If I try to register an 08704xxxxx number I get an error from the
voipcheap software?

Has anyone else had this?

Have you downloaded the latest version of the softfone?

Make sure you're using the softfone & not the web interface.

Save your number(s) in the Personal Details section & then go to CLI section
to verify.

FWIW, my 0870 number is 08700

Old March 31st 07, 12:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

On Mar 31, 12:14 pm, "Jono" wrote:
It doesn't seem to discriminate between numbers. I've set a couple of
UK numbers up, a German one & a UK 0870 number. I haven't tested what
the German one looks like as a presentaion number - I suspect it won't
be formatted correctly, at least for recipients of calls in the UK.- Hide
quoted text -

Cheers for the tip-off!

If I try to register an 08704xxxxx number I get an error from the
voipcheap software?

Has anyone else had this?

Have you downloaded the latest version of the softfone?

Make sure you're using the softfone & not the web interface.

Save your number(s) in the Personal Details section & then go to CLI section
to verify.

FWIW, my 0870 number is 08700

It lets me verify my other numbers, but not the 08704 number. Very
strange...

Now getting Trixbox to use that details seems to be another challenge!

Do you set the outgoing id in the extension or the trunk? Or both?
Which format are you using? 00441827, 441827 or 01827?

Sorry for all the questions,

Many thanks

Matthew

Old March 31st 07, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

A few more tips to get this correctly done:
* register your landlines as descrobed above, but make sure you use the
format 0044 xxxx, not in the format +44 xxx
The latter will work for verification, but not for CLI..
* set your SIP device or IP phone to use your phone number, and also use the
same format (0044 xxxx) here.
If you have dones this correctly, it will work perfectly, even for non-UK
numbers.

Philippe.

Old March 31st 07, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

It happens that Philippe Deleye formulated :

A few more tips to get this correctly done:
* register your landlines as descrobed above, but make sure you use the
format 0044 xxxx, not in the format +44 xxx
The latter will work for verification, but not for CLI..
* set your SIP device or IP phone to use your phone number, and also use the
same format (0044 xxxx) here.
If you have dones this correctly, it will work perfectly, even for non-UK
numbers.

Philippe.

I will try my German number in a bit, however, even though I have set
everything up as 004401 or 0044870 (for the UK ones), the number that
is presented is not in the format 00441, nor +441 but 01. Therefore, I
suspect that the German one would be correct for dialling a German
number......

Old March 31st 07, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

on 31/03/2007, Matt supposed :

It lets me verify my other numbers, but not the 08704 number. Very
strange...

Now getting Trixbox to use that details seems to be another challenge!

Do you set the outgoing id in the extension or the trunk? Or both?
Which format are you using? 00441827, 441827 or 01827?

Here's my voipcheap.com trunk. As you can see that the CLID is set in
my trunk, not in the extensions.

PEER Details:
allow=ulaw&alaw
authuser=username