experts: i need you help!

Old March 31st 07, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
robert

Default experts: i need you help!

This is my situation: in the company where i work, thanks to this
newsgroup, i demonstrated that the VoIP is the only way we have to
save enough money on the telephone system (so with those money we can
hire 2 more people); however they want to reject my idea 'couse they
say it's too complicated.

Here is what we may need:

Receiving telephone calls:
- One 800 number (free number);
- 12 SIP accounts (that we already have from one provider), located in
3 different countries: UK (4 numbers), Ireland (2 numbers), Italy (6
numbers), US (4 numbers).
- 2 analogic lines (PSTN) located both in Italy;
- 3 Fax machines (no necessary, at the moment, for running the
business);
- 4 cellular phones (1 in Uk, 1 in US, 1 in Italy and 1 in Ireland);

For making calls:
- 2 SIP accounts (different from the above) that all the bases should
be able to use for calling;

The step, for an external person who wants to call our company should
be this:

a person in Europe dials a 800 number, to which an automatic answering
machine offers different options.
So, something like this:

800 Numbers (option for connection to the right base) --- Base in
(Italy or Uk, or Ireland or US) --- Person ext.

(it should wok in this way: 800 Number --- Base Ext -- Person Ext).

Eventually, we may need an answering machine in case the person is not
available. Do yo think feasible?

Tanks to whoever will answer me!!!!!

Old April 27th 07, 11:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ross Beer

robert wrote:
[...]

Hi Robert,

I sounds like you could do with a PBX such as asterisk (See
asterisk.org). Or a ITSP that offers IVR services.

If you had an asterisk server you could register all of the sip accounts
to it. You could then use an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system to
direct your calls. Each external phone could register with the asterisk
box allowing you to have extension numbers. Asterisk also offers
voicemail and many more features.

If you have different ITSP's in different countries you can also
configure it to offer you least cost routing.

If you would like to configure an asterisk server your self, but do not
have the necessary skills you could use Trixbox (See
http://www.trixbox.org/), which does almost everything for you.

I hope this points you in the right direction.

Ross

Ross Beer
VoiceHost Support
www.voicehost.co.uk