Where has my Fritzbox ATA gone?

Old April 1st 07, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
dg

Default Where has my Fritzbox ATA gone?

I had my Fritzbox working and could access the control panel etc, but
the next time I turned on the PC, I had no internet access and could
not access the Fritzbox control panel at the IP address it was set to.

The Fritzbox was still letting Voip through to my phone, but otherwise
no other internet access.

How do I find my Fritzbox if it is not showing up at the IP address it
should be at? And how can it not allow internet access, but allow Voip
to work?

dg

Old April 2nd 07, 08:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Henk van Andel

"dg" schreef in bericht
oups.com...
I had my Fritzbox working and could access the control panel etc, but
the next time I turned on the PC, I had no internet access and could
not access the Fritzbox control panel at the IP address it was set to.

The Fritzbox was still letting Voip through to my phone, but otherwise
no other internet access.

How do I find my Fritzbox if it is not showing up at the IP address it
should be at? And how can it not allow internet access, but allow Voip
to work?

dg

Try 192.168.178.254 which is the default permanent IP address for emergency
cases.
It seems that you have switched off the DHCP and now you do not know its IP
number.

Grz Henk van Andel

Old April 2nd 07, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"dg" schreef in bericht
oups.com...
I had my Fritzbox working and could access the control panel etc, but
the next time I turned on the PC, I had no internet access and could
not access the Fritzbox control panel at the IP address it was set to.

The Fritzbox was still letting Voip through to my phone, but otherwise
no other internet access.

How do I find my Fritzbox if it is not showing up at the IP address it
should be at? And how can it not allow internet access, but allow Voip
to work?

dg

You could use ipscan.exe to find the missing ip of your FritzBox

Old April 2nd 07, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:43:00 +0200, wrote:

"dg" schreef in bericht
roups.com...
I had my Fritzbox working and could access the control panel etc, but
the next time I turned on the PC, I had no internet access and could
not access the Fritzbox control panel at the IP address it was set to.

The Fritzbox was still letting Voip through to my phone, but otherwise
no other internet access.

How do I find my Fritzbox if it is not showing up at the IP address it
should be at? And how can it not allow internet access, but allow Voip
to work?

dg

You could use ipscan.exe to find the missing ip of your FritzBox

If you decide to use ipscan be very wary where you download it from.
Personally I wouldn't risk it.
Instead, launch the DOS command window, in Win XP, via 'accessories'
or by going to Start/Run and typing
cmd

Then, I think, you should be able to find the IP by typing the DOS
command:-
nslookup
If you are running a firewall you may be asked permission for the
command to run. There will be a slight pause and you'll probably get a
message saying it can't find the server for ...and give the IP of your
router.
If nothing is displayed then your firewall is blocking access.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old April 2nd 07, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
dg

On 2 Apr, 21:24, Brian A wrote:
[...]

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks everyone.

It was not at the default IP address, and none of the IP addresses in
the browser history worked either. I unpluged and powered it, the
modem and the PC off and on and still nothing.

Then, after many hours of faffing about, I got a random message via
windows network places, that a new device had been detected on the
network, and there it was in the "my network places" window. It was
never there before when I had the Fritzbox working.

It has given itself a new IP address though, which I can't understand
why. I hope it does not do this disappearing act regularly

dg