Sipura SPA2000 ATA

Old April 5th 07, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
harrogate3

Default Sipura SPA2000 ATA

Can anyone give me any advice how to get this damn thing to work?

I have accounts with voip.co.uk and Sipgate and it will not register
with either. I also have th X-Lite softphone for Sipgate which accepts
incoming calls perfectly (the softphone provided ready configured by
Sipgate) but a 'blank' X-Lite downloaded for the voip account
registers but will not accept or make calls.

I am running through a Belkin F5D7230-4 (V2) wireless router with
wired connections, onto a VirginMedia cable feed. The 'virtual server'
in the router is set to pass ports 5004-5061 (UDP) to the ATA IP
address - it will only permit one port allocation per IP address.

I have used the Sipgate set-up for their account but it still don't
work.

Any help gratefully received - before I hit the thing with a
sledgehammer!

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old April 5th 07, 10:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

"harrogate3" wrote in message
[...]

stupid question -
have you conifugrd a primary DNS on the system page? Either enter your ISP's
DNS servers or your router address if you havent and see what happens.

Old April 6th 07, 12:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 20:22:53 GMT, "Roger"
wrote:

[...]

If, as Roger says, you haven't set up your Primary DNS etc. ....this
is what I do:-
Set DHCP: no
Static IP: set to one of your choice within the subset range allowed
by your router.
Gateway and Primary DNS can both be set to your router IP.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old April 6th 07, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
harrogate3

wrote:

[...]

Thanks Gents. I hadn't set the Primary DNS, but I have now and it
still makes no difference, with or without DHCP active.

Old April 6th 07, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

Thanks Gents. I hadn't set the Primary DNS, but I have now and it
still makes no difference, with or without DHCP active.

Does this mean you have solved your problem or not?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old April 6th 07, 10:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
harrogate3

"Brian A" wrote in message

Thanks Gents. I hadn't set the Primary DNS, but I have now and it
still makes no difference, with or without DHCP active.

Does this mean you have solved your problem or not?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

No, still trying...........................................!

Old April 7th 07, 12:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 20:02:52 GMT, "harrogate3"
wrote:

"Brian A" wrote in message
.. .

Thanks Gents. I hadn't set the Primary DNS, but I have now and it
still makes no difference, with or without DHCP active.

Does this mean you have solved your problem or not?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

No, still trying...........................................!

OK. I'd set the DMZ, in your router, to point to the fixed IP address
of your ATA. That way you are sure that any ports you want ot use are
open. Make sure your IPs are set up as I described in an earlier post.
Try that and report back. Also do give time for registration to occur.
Work on voip.co.uk, that is most likely to be reliable.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old April 7th 07, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
harrogate3

"Brian A" wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 20:02:52 GMT, "harrogate3"
wrote:

"Brian A" wrote in message
.. .

Thanks Gents. I hadn't set the Primary DNS, but I have now and

it
still makes no difference, with or without DHCP active.
Does this mean you have solved your problem or not?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

No, still trying...........................................!

OK. I'd set the DMZ, in your router, to point to the fixed IP

address
of your ATA. That way you are sure that any ports you want ot use

are
open. Make sure your IPs are set up as I described in an earlier

post.
Try that and report back. Also do give time for registration to

occur.
Work on voip.co.uk, that is most likely to be reliable.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Tnx for that Brian, but I had already tried DMZ with no joy.

I suspect my ISP may be the problem. Looking at the router firewall
log files it is showing "Blocked by DoS 10.120.16.1" although it does
not say if that is incoming or outgoing - I assume the former. If that
is the case then it looks as though my days of using voip are
numbered.

Having said that it puzzles me that the X-Lite softphone provided by
Sipgate will work with incoming calls without problem, and the X-Lite
will register correctly whether I use it withSipgate or voip.c.uk - it
just doesn't work with calls at all with voip (I don't (yet) have
outgoing capability with Sipgate to be able to test it.)

Old April 7th 07, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Duncan MacCallum

harrogate3 wrote:

I suspect my ISP may be the problem. Looking at the router firewall
log files it is showing "Blocked by DoS 10.120.16.1" although it does
not say if that is incoming or outgoing - I assume the former. If that
is the case then it looks as though my days of using voip are
numbered.

Assuming your ISP is Virgin media (email add) I use voip.co.uk via VM
and no problems.
Not wishing to sound hard but hope your problem is restricted to your
setup...
Cheers

Old April 7th 07, 10:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
acierinox

On Apr 5, 8:20 pm, "harrogate3" wrote:
Can anyone give me any advice how to get this damn thing to work?

--
Woody

Have you entered the 'Cloned MAC Address' of you NIC card? I had to
do this to get VM to work with my SPA 2102.

Router WAN Setup Enable MAC Clone Service Yes
Router WAN Setup Cloned MAC Address [the Physical Address of
your NIC card without the dashes]

To find the latter in Win XP and 2k, Start Run cmd ipconfig /all