Old February 3rd 20, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Default Zen Internet Nationwide Outage

On 03/02/2020 10:51, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 09:31:19 +0000, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
wrote:

Apparently went down around 04:00 thismorning.
Zen Fibre at home is out and ADSL2 is also out at work.

Don't suppose anyone knows the reason for this major failure?

Downdetector only shows a few blips but nothing major. There appear to
have been a few incidents throughout the night including one at 0423
where they had two (yes just two) reports of a problem. There have
been a few slightly bigger peaks including one at 0823, where
apparently seven people reported problems.

That's an unusually high level of problem reports for Zen, but nothing
compared with most of the others. It's usually necessary to do a
search for Zen's problem graph on downdetector because it doesn't show
on their home screen otherwise, and it normally just flatlines.

When I tried to contact them around 08:30 the tech support/fault line
said "We are experiencing extremely high levels of calls, there has been
a network failure around 04:30 that has is affecting all broadband
customers, our engineers are working on the to resolve the fault" or
words to that effect.
a few customers doesn't warrant such an announcement.

Never heard of downdetector, just looked, it appears to give numbers of
people that have reported faults. Anyone hitting the Zen fault line
voicemail telling them there is a major outage affecting all broadband
customers and there is an exceptionally high number of calls etc etc are
just going to hang up and wait.