Old February 6th 20, 03:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Malcolm Loades[_2_]

Default VOIP DECT base with answering machine

On 06/02/2020 13:41, Theo wrote:
I'm looking to replace my PAP2 and fleet of wired-in Gigaset bases with
something that speaks DECT to the Gigaset handsets directly. It would be
useful for it to have answering machine capability in some way - either
traditional push-button on the unit/handset or some kind of voicemail.
As it'll be hooked up to multiple accounts and multiple providers, I'd
rather have the functionality at my end rather than rely on providers'
voicemail.

Currently on the shortlist is the Gigaset N300A IP.
In fact, that's the only one I can find with answering machine capability.
There are some newer Gigaset phones with a VOIP base, but I can't see
answering.

Or is there some cunningness that can be done with a Raspberry Pi or
whatever? (Bearing in mind it would still need to interface to the SIP to
DECT box)

Theo

Forgive me if my response misses the point of what are seeking. But can
this not be simply done using a Fritzbox 7490? It has a built-in DECT
base, supports multiple voip accounts and has 5 built in answering machines.