Old February 6th 20, 02:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default VOIP DECT base with answering machine

On Thursday, 6 February 2020 13:41:12 UTC, Theo wrote:
I'm looking to replace my PAP2 and fleet of wired-in Gigaset bases with
something that speaks DECT to the Gigaset handsets directly. It would be
useful for it to have answering machine capability in some way - either
traditional push-button on the unit/handset or some kind of voicemail.
As it'll be hooked up to multiple accounts and multiple providers, I'd
rather have the functionality at my end rather than rely on providers'
voicemail.

Currently on the shortlist is the Gigaset N300A IP.
In fact, that's the only one I can find with answering machine capability.
There are some newer Gigaset phones with a VOIP base, but I can't see
answering.

Or is there some cunningness that can be done with a Raspberry Pi or
whatever? (Bearing in mind it would still need to interface to the SIP to
DECT box)

Theo

One can still buy the Gigaset N300A IP.

In addition there may be DECT handsets with the TAM in the phone not the base.

Voipfone includes brilliant FREE voicemail. If you use this SP you won't need a TAM.