Old February 9th 20, 02:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default VOIP DECT base with answering machine

On Saturday, 8 February 2020 22:17:38 UTC, Theo wrote:
www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Only thing to be aware of is Gigaset handsets don't necessarily allow
access to all base station features e.g. Answer Machine. Also I've
found I've needed to use a handset sold with the base station to remove
older handsets once they've been registered so buying an N300AIP with a
single handset will ensure you can carry out essential tasks on the base
station but don't forget your existing handsets still might not be able
to access base or network voicemail.

Thanks. I have some C430s which can fetch voicemail from their (analogue)
bases - do you know if it's the same to access voicemail on the N300A as
another kind of base? I did the compatibiility check when I selected the
C430, but that was a few years ago now.

When my home S68H handsets started to die I found it was just as cheap
to buy 2 x "duo" Gigaset packages as buying 1 x "quad" package.
Same number of handsets with a spare Go-Box in reserve, which was
actually re-purposed to hook up my mothers old "big number" gigaset
handsets to allow VoIP when her landline kept failing and how I know
about the need to have a correct handset for the box to enable specific
activities etc.

As far as I can tell the N300A supports more connections than the Go-Box
100 - I don't know if that has any features the N300A doesn't have?

Theo

Got C460IP, C475IP and N510IP, but not the N300. Operation of the three I do have is very similar, but I don't know exactly how the N300A TAM works. OMA download the manual.

Also got an analog base, but no TAM in it.