Old February 12th 20, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

Default John Lewis broadband service.

On 12/02/2020 15:07, Mark Undrill wrote:

On 12/02/2020 14:37, Tufnell Park wrote:

Does anyone have any experience of using John Lewis's broadband service?

Good, bad or indifferent?

I am thinking of moving to them but can't find many reviews.

As far as I know it's re-badged Plusnet.

It is. They were my last landline broadband provider, and if you look
back through the postings here - for a thread entitled: The John Lewis
Broadband Fiasco (was "Britons get 'bad deal' from broadband
giants") - you'll discover why I can't possibly recommend them. In
short, they're another of these landline providers that hike your
monthly fee by 50% the moment your contract expires - same costs to
them, same service to you, but for no justifiable reason at all, 50%
more in fees to them. I always leave when services do that to me, so I
left JLB the same way as I'd left Plusnet and Tentel beforehand, and now
I'm on a mobile internet service with Virgin Mobile, for which my first
year contract has just expired, same service, no price hikes, though
there'll be one by the same amount as the RPI increase sometime later in
the year, I can't remember for sure when, possibly April.