Skype on Grandstream GXP200 ?

Old April 9th 07, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Skype on Grandstream GXP200 ?

Can I use Skype to make calls/receive calls on one of the accounts of my
Grandstream GXP200, or is it only working with SIP accounts ?

Thank you for your help.

Old April 9th 07, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

wrote in message
Can I use Skype to make calls/receive calls on one of the accounts of my
Grandstream GXP200, or is it only working with SIP accounts ?

Sorry it a No No, the GXP only has firmware for SIP, even phones which can
accept multiple firmware types
do not support SKYPE as SKYPE is a closed protocol. I am sure in time Skype
will license out the function to
hardphones, but not yet (except for the wifi phones)

Old April 9th 07, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"RH" wrote in message
Sorry it a No No, the GXP only has firmware for SIP, even phones which can
accept multiple firmware types
do not support SKYPE as SKYPE is a closed protocol. I am sure in time
Skype will license out the function to
hardphones, but not yet (except for the wifi phones)

Thank you for your reply.