Voipbuster

Old April 10th 07, 02:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
pete

Default Voipbuster

I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is there
a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?
pete
www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk
www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk
Old April 10th 07, 10:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 02:35:00 +0100, pete wrote:

I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is there
a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?
pete
www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk
www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk

There are hundreds of voip providers. You don't say what you are
looking for and why you no longer like voipbuster.
Do you make just UK calls or do you want international?
A bit more information about your requirements will help.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old April 10th 07, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

pete wrote:
I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is there
a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?
pete
www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk
www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk

Other than UK calls not being free for over 12 months, nothing has
changed with VoIPBuster. You can still use their software and use your
headphones and mic, or you can use an ATA and connect a regular phone,
or you can use the call back methed where it will indeed use you normal
phone, where there is a connection fee, the choice is yours you are not
forced to use the call back service, just carry on as before and don't
use Direct Callback.

Win Amazon Vouchers:
http://www.wabbadabba.com/join.aspx?friend=4I9Q6C6X3477

Old April 10th 07, 07:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"pete" wrote in message
I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is there
a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?
pete
www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk
www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk

Hi Pete.
There are many of these Betamax clones. Which one you should sign up for
will
depend on the countries you call. If you, like me, mainly call UK landlines
and
mobiles look at the rates for http://voipcheap.COM

I used to use http://voipcheap.CO.UK until they started charging for UK
landlines. I still use the dormant account for incoming calls, as at the
time I
signed up they gave me a very easy to remember geographic number.
The trick with VoIP is to keep reviewing your options.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old April 11th 07, 12:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
pete

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:22:40 GMT, Brian A
wrote:

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 02:35:00 +0100, pete wrote:

I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is there
a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?

There are hundreds of voip providers. You don't say what you are
looking for and why you no longer like voipbuster.
Do you make just UK calls or do you want international?
A bit more information about your requirements will help.

I am wondering if I will be charged by BT for the calls that I am now
making through the BT telephone instead of through head phones?
Old April 11th 07, 12:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
pete

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:21:41 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

pete wrote:
I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is there
a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?

Other than UK calls not being free for over 12 months, nothing has
changed with VoIPBuster. You can still use their software and use your
headphones and mic, or you can use an ATA and connect a regular phone,
or you can use the call back methed where it will indeed use you normal
phone, where there is a connection fee, the choice is yours you are not
forced to use the call back service, just carry on as before and don't
use Direct Callback.

I cannot find how to use viopbuster as I used to with head phones so I
thought that had been cancelled. I will have to see if I can find out
how to do it again. Thanks.
Old April 11th 07, 12:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
pete

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:13:50 +0100, "Graham" wrote:

"pete" wrote in message
.. .
I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is there
a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?

Hi Pete.
There are many of these Betamax clones. Which one you should sign up for
will
depend on the countries you call. If you, like me, mainly call UK landlines
and
mobiles look at the rates for http://voipcheap.COM

I used to use http://voipcheap.CO.UK until they started charging for UK
landlines. I still use the dormant account for incoming calls, as at the
time I
signed up they gave me a very easy to remember geographic number.
The trick with VoIP is to keep reviewing your options.

Yes I am learning that thanks.
Old April 11th 07, 12:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

wrote:

pete wrote:
[...]

With the software running and your headphones and mic set up, simply
enter the number you wish to dial (in international format) in the lower
section of the softphone and press the green phone button, don't press
DC or enter any other phone number in the section above.

Old April 11th 07, 12:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

wrote:

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 02:35:00 +0100, pete wrote:

I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is
there a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?

There are hundreds of voip providers. You don't say what you are
looking for and why you no longer like voipbuster.
Do you make just UK calls or do you want international?
A bit more information about your requirements will help.

I am wondering if I will be charged by BT for the calls that I am now
making through the BT telephone instead of through head phones?
pete

If it's the direct connect service, then BT won't charge you as it is
VoIPBuster that calls your number (I take it this is happening), you are
at the moment entering your number and the destination number into the
software, this then calls your landline and then when you pick up the
phone calls the destination - this is why they make the small connection
charge as you are using two terminating lines, where as if you didn't
enter your number in the software and only entered the person you want
to call number, then your phone won't ring and you will be using the
software with your headphones and mic to make the call and no connection
fee.

Old April 11th 07, 12:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

"pete" wrote in message
I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is
there a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?

Hi Pete.
There are many of these Betamax clones. Which one you should sign up
for will
depend on the countries you call. If you, like me, mainly call UK
landlines and
mobiles look at the rates for http://voipcheap.COM

I used to use http://voipcheap.CO.UK until they started charging for
UK landlines. I still use the dormant account for incoming calls, as
at the time I
signed up they gave me a very easy to remember geographic number.
The trick with VoIP is to keep reviewing your options.

Yes I am learning that thanks.
pete

As I don't call mobiles very often and I had issued a number I use
VoIPStunt.com other use VoIPDiscount.com I don't often use the software
however, I have an analogue telephone adapter so no need for the
computer to be on. But all the software works in the same way, if you
enter two numbers it uses the call back system, if you only enter the
destination in the correct field, then you use the software, headphone
and mic.