Zyxel 2602HW doesn't ring for incoming calls

Old April 10th 07, 03:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Default Zyxel 2602HW doesn't ring for incoming calls

Are you using a "BT plug to US plug converter" with ringer circuit ? This
should have come with the router, but I believe sometimes they did not
supply it.
Also, in the Voice setup you have to select which phone should ring...
Regards,
Martin

Old April 10th 07, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

John Naismith wrote:

Also avoid Panasonic DECT phones like the plague as even with a ring cap
adaptor they have proved problematic with the P2602HW.

Just in case anyone was wondering, Panasonic DECT phones work fine with
other ATAs. In fact I'm using mine with a Grandstream 486 and no ring
adaptor, although I'm not sure if the Grandstream even needs one. SMS and
alphanumeric CLID work fine. If SMS is on, the Panasonic takes an extra
ring cycle to start ringing.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:44:44 up 2 days, 7:03, 2 users, load average: 0.68, 1.02, 0.81