AOL Internet Access Control

Old April 10th 07, 03:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
majogh

Default AOL Internet Access Control

Hi

A friend of mine wants me to set up AOL as their ISP because of the
parental controls offered. They would like to use the "Internet Access
Control" software for the younger children. From the web pages it
appears that this only allows Internet explorer and Netscape to be used
and blocks all other programs. Does anyone know if it is possible to get
programs like Windows Live Messenger to be allowed as well.
Old April 10th 07, 03:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

majogh wrote:
Hi

A friend of mine wants me to set up AOL as their ISP because of the
parental controls offered. They would like to use the "Internet Access
Control" software for the younger children. From the web pages it
appears that this only allows Internet explorer and Netscape to be used
and blocks all other programs. Does anyone know if it is possible to get
programs like Windows Live Messenger to be allowed as well.

Forget about their controls...

Get k9 protection for free from http://www.k9webprotection.com/ free to use,
simple and works with all the browsers i have tried, including aol.

Gaz

Old April 10th 07, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
majogh

Gaz wrote:
majogh wrote:
Hi

A friend of mine wants me to set up AOL as their ISP because of the
parental controls offered. They would like to use the "Internet Access
Control" software for the younger children. From the web pages it
appears that this only allows Internet explorer and Netscape to be used
and blocks all other programs. Does anyone know if it is possible to get
programs like Windows Live Messenger to be allowed as well.

Forget about their controls...

Get k9 protection for free from http://www.k9webprotection.com/ free to use,
simple and works with all the browsers i have tried, including aol.

Gaz

Thanks for that I will take a look
Old April 11th 07, 12:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:07:58 +0100, majogh mused:

Gaz wrote:
majogh wrote:
Hi

A friend of mine wants me to set up AOL as their ISP because of the
parental controls offered. They would like to use the "Internet Access
Control" software for the younger children. From the web pages it
appears that this only allows Internet explorer and Netscape to be used
and blocks all other programs. Does anyone know if it is possible to get
programs like Windows Live Messenger to be allowed as well.

Forget about their controls...

Get k9 protection for free from http://www.k9webprotection.com/ free to use,
simple and works with all the browsers i have tried, including aol.

Gaz

Thanks for that I will take a look

No need to use AOL either. Never any need to use AOL actually.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Old April 11th 07, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
majogh

Gaz wrote:
majogh wrote:
Hi

A friend of mine wants me to set up AOL as their ISP because of the
parental controls offered. They would like to use the "Internet Access
Control" software for the younger children. From the web pages it
appears that this only allows Internet explorer and Netscape to be used
and blocks all other programs. Does anyone know if it is possible to get
programs like Windows Live Messenger to be allowed as well.
Forget about their controls...

Get k9 protection for free from http://www.k9webprotection.com/ free to use,
simple and works with all the browsers i have tried, including aol.

Gaz

Thanks for that I will take a look

No need to use AOL either. Never any need to use AOL actually.

That part of it is not my choice. They just want me to set it up for them.